Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fall in love with fall flavors!!!

It's not "Fall" quite yet, but it is September and that just seems to bring "fall" a bit sooner.  The warm tempts the past few days is still telling me that summer is just not ready to say that sad goodbye.  That's OK ... however, I love, love, love fall and all the season brings to us!

Fall flavors are so rich, aromatic, yummy, and warm!  It's the warm mulled cider, the smell of ginger and pumpkin, spices, pumpkin pies, apple crisp, gingerbread and maple spice and tons more!  My craving for the smells and tastes are dangerous!  I was thrilled to be sipping on my first fall Maple Spice w/White Chocolate Latte' this afternoon!!!  Oh, so heavenly!!! 

As much as I love to eat these fall flavors, I actually like to make and bake them more!  I have a wonderful childhood memory of my Grandma making the best pumpkin pies!  I could NOT wait for the season to roll in and begged her to bake the pies!!!  Now, believe it or not, we switched jobs!  I am the one baking the pies now and delivering one to her door step Thursday night was such a delight!  Almost prideful! 

 
 
 
We have company coming over this weekend, so I have been busy preparing foods.  My kitchen (and whole house) is now filled with the smell of fresh, warm pumpkin whoopies!  Another favorite!


This is not a usually a "fall food" for us, but this year it is.  Green beans ... lots of them.  Earlier in the summer, I canned a few quart jars of beans.  I never planted them in my garden, well, until this late summer.  My cousin, thanks Annie, gave me some seeds and said I can plant them up until August.  In the ground they went and now we are harvesting beans!!!  I froze a batch this morning.  We will be eating good veggies this fall/winter!


If you are a "fall flavor lover" ... congratulations!!!  Stay posted.  I hope to have more fall foods coming soon!

Yum!  :)
.....................................

My fall home decor' is up and the "amber scent" candles are burning!  That makes a great combination with the rain drizzling outside!

Have a great weekend!