Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fish and Pizza

I know, fish and pizza don't normally go together very well.  They just don't seem to be a match.  So I won't even try to do that.  I am just combining two food posts I wanted to document.

FISHING ~
Matthew loves, loves to fish.  He sits for hours with that pole sticking in the water whenever he gets the chance.  He waits patiently for that small tugging feeling!  He reels in the line and smiles at his catch!!!

Mike took the employees out to the bay last Friday and we decided to pull Matthew out of school and let him go along!  They were up early, 2 AM, and on the boat by 6 AM.  Mike had subs, drinks, and cookies for all the fishermen to enjoy for lunch!

The catch was not the best ever, but Matthew was the one that caught the most on the boat!  Not surprised really!  He always does well!  He was in his glory all morning and loved the time spent with Mike and fishing!  He said it was better than school!  :)

On the boat even before sunrise!
 Mike kept texting me pictures all morning.  I loved that!  Here's the mate posing with Matthew.  Mike said the captain and the mate were always making sure Matthew was cared for at ALL TIMES!  His first catch!
 Waiting, waiting ...
 Another catch!  A big one!
 On the way back ... watching the waves and bay water.
 
That night we got to enjoy some fried fish.  Fried ... just the way Matthew loves to eat fish!
 

 
..................................................................................
 
 
PIZZA ...
 
We had the youth this past Sunday night for supper.  We chose to bake pizza and have taco salads.  At 5:30 PM, I started to panic and think why in the world did I pick this for my menu?  I only have room to bake four pizzas at once.  I had eight to bake and I wanted them all out at the same time because of my variety.  Mike quickly took two pizza's out to his sister Lena and she baked them for us!  Thanks lady!!!
 
I have a recipe book that has a bunch of different kinds of pizzas.  I took the challenge that the next time we have a big crowd, I would try these varieties!
 
I bought all the pizza's at Costco and then added the fun toppings!
 
Each pizza had the crust, sauce and cheese already put on.  I added for this one:  mayonnaise mixed with fresh garlic and Italian seasoning, tomato slices, fresh basil and more mozzarella cheese on top ~ MOZZARELLA TOMATO PIZZA!
 

Added:  fried bacon.  After it was baked I added shredded lettuce and tomatoes on top ~ BLT PIZZA!


Added:  Baby Ray BBQ Sauce, Buffalo Chicken Bites, Munster Cheese on top ~ BUFFALO PIZZA!


Added:  Fried hamburger, dill pickles and munster cheese ~ CHEESEBURGER PIZZA!


We also had regular pepperoni and cheese pizza!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I took small tortilla wraps and placed them inside a small baking dish.  Bake 400 degrees for 8 minutes or until browned.  Cool.

This gives you a fast and easy shell!


I mixed lettuce, nacho chips, hamburger and cheese.  I put a small amount in each shell and added taco dressing and a tomato!  Done.  Easy!  Appealing!




Maybe, just maybe, I gave you an idea for your supper tonight!  The kids left this morning for school with left over pizza in their lunches!  Yum!

Enjoy the gorgeous day outside!  I have more clean up to do around the house from our event this past weekend and then maybe get some housecleaning done!?!

Blessings ~