Thursday, September 6, 2012

Out of service again ...

Our Internet has been down for the past few days and it's only then when I realize how much we actually use it.  I am so glad our relationship with God doesn't have to be like that!!!  Wherever we are, whenever, however ... I am able to pray and praise God!  No Internet service needed!!!  Direct connect to your Lord today!!!

........................................................

This post might be a bit here and there, but here goes.

It's been a long, long time (actually, I don't know that it ever happened!) that we celebrated Labor Day at home. Normally, we are usually in Ohio playing some softball. But, now that the team Mike helped, doesn't play ball anymore, those trips are now just memories. Miss those days!

Then, last year, we made a weekend trip to Cape May, NJ. The beach was nice but because it being a holiday weekend, and the last "official beach weekend", it was packed out. We had a great time in spite of the full streets but would really enjoy doing the trip again some time ... on another non-holiday weekend!

Well, this year, we just didn't get any plans made to go anywhere. Kinda fun being at home and taking in the weekend one day at a time with no plans!!! That lasted almost for the first weekend night ~ Friday.

The kids only had half day on Friday at school. I picked them up and brought along home two of Hadassah's friends. Hadassah realllllllyyyy wanted to plan a shopping spree with the girls, but this mom just didn't feel the energy in taking three young girls into the traffic and busy shops! Instead, we got invited to a pool and we all went swimming! (Thanks Annie!!!) The girls got to play and do all that girl stuff ... dress up, nails, clothes, shoes, hair, etc.!!! Thanks Courtney and Laurie for coming!

Saturday, we slept in and then dug into some outside work. The weeds needed pulled out and the grass mowed. It was sunny and I was hoping to make one more last trip to our favorite public pool nearby. I still had some membership card punches to use up. But, Hadassah was battling a cold and not in the mood. Instead, I after I laid Ashlyn down for her nap, the kids played games and I got to sit in the sun in my back yard!

Here are the kids enjoying the pool on Friday.  Only 1/2 day of school and then to the pool!  What a life!!!

 Courtney, Hadassah & Laurie ...
 Being girls ... silly!
 This little girl is the owner of the pool!  Why?  Because she lives here!  Thanks so much again Annie for inviting us all summer long!!!  Thank you too Sierra!

Saturday night, Mike and I went on a couples date on a short notice.  Sometimes those last minute plans work the best!!!  We went with Wayne's and John Glick's to Red Lobster.  "Endless Shrimp" for $15.99 is their special offer right now!  We enjoyed it so much.  Whenever you have these guys around my hubby ... the topics are else really interesting or really boring!  Talk none stop! 

Sunday we went to church and enjoyed the smaller crowd.  Lot's of people were away on vacations and so it wasn't so full.  After our nap, we spent the night with Mike's parents and friends.

Monday, Labor Day, Mike went golfing.  It was pretty typical around home for me, other than the kids were home from school.  (Which was fun again.)  When Mike got home, Hadassah and I snuck out for an afternoon of just "Mom and Das".  Hadassah really likes when we plan events for just the two of us.  I enjoy them too!  We shopped the Outlets, ate at Subway, then shopped a bit longer and headed home.  It was refreshing to hang out with my daughter and enjoy her company!  Thanks Hadassah!!!

...............................................

Back to school on Tuesday.  I was out of the house early and over at mom-in-laws to make Beef Vegetable Soup.  I've been wanting to can some soups for a while already and knowing that fall is around the corner, soup tastes wonderful!!!

We mixed a big batch and canned it!  So delicious!!!  This will be so yummy and convenient on the upcoming chilly days!


 
 
..........................................
 
Last night, we did a photo session with my family.  I know we have great pictures coming soon for us to view!!!  Thanks Mart for taking on our big crowd!  :)
 
I, of course, took my camera too for fun shots of the kids in between the groupings.  Here's what I captured!
 
No ... these are not our Christmas pics!  :)
 








Have a great night!

~ Lori