Friday, August 31, 2012

"Shrimp in sauce"

Last weekend, when Mike and I went out on a date night, we ate at Bonefish Grill.  We were so please with the food, service, and restaurant.  Now, it was only our first time there, but we are going to go again!  Soon!

As we waited in their sitting area, which is cool in itself, a waitress came along and offered us a "Saucy Shrimp Appetizer" sample.  Both Mike and I loved it and the taste was great!!!  We don't near always order appetizers we go out to eat, but we just had to this time around!!!

We left the restaurant and I started googling for the shrimp recipe.  I found a few and tried one last night.  I loved the smell it gave to my kitchen and the taste was worth every effort.  I just wish Mike would, just once, rave about something good to eat!!!  It takes an awful lot to get Mike fussing about good food!  Just not a passion of his.  (I can't imagine how much more I would bake if he would rave!)  Anyway, he did enjoy the shrimp too but I guess I was looking for some extraordinary outburst of delight!!!  The kids even loved!  Thanks for the compliments guys!!!

If you are into some seafood for this weekend, try these!  So yum!!!

My version of ...
 
Saucy Shrimp
 
2 Tb. butter
2 cup shrimp, peeled and deveined
Kalamata Olives
2 oz. Sun-dried tomatoes
2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
chopped fresh parsley, for garnish

Saute shrimp in the butter and when the butter is melted, add the olive and
sun-dried tomatoes.  Saute until the shrimp are cooked.
 
While the shrimp are cooking, start with the awesome sauce ingredients!
 
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 limes, juice of
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup water
5 Tb. sugar
1 cup heavy cream
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 Tb. butter
 
Put the sun-dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, lemon juice, lime juice, garlic, water
and sugar in a saucepan and cook until reduced in half. 
 
Add cream, salt and pepper.  Stir and simmer until the sauce thickens a bit. 
Add the Tb. butter and stir until it's melted.
 
Place your shrimp mixture on a dish and pour 1/4 of the sauce over top of it. 
Top with crumbled feta cheese and parsley.

Rinsing the shrimp ...


 My tomatoes ...


 The juices ...


 Garlic and starting to cook the sauce ...


 Sauteing the shrimp and adding the olives and sun-dried tomatoes ...


 Add the butter to the sauce ...


 Pour your shrimp mixture on a platter ...


Top with sauce and cheese and parsley!!!  Enjoy!!!