Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Delicous Salsa's!!!

I have yet to make my big batch of homemade salsa for my canning selves, but last night we hosted our small groups here at home.  I decided to go "fun" at serving my snack.  I haven't made our famous "fresh salsa" recipe yet and I'm not sure why???  We are being so blessed with tomatoes in our garden, so I decided to make some for my snack. 

I made three different kinds.  If you like salsa ... you must try these!  Yum!!!

#1:  "FRESH SALSA"
4 cups tomatoes, chopped
1 section of garlic, minced
2 Tb. cilantro
2 Tb. lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup green pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tb. sugar
1 Tb. oregano
1 Tb. basil
1 Tb. parsley flakes

Mix all the ingredients and refrigerate to chill!  Serve with tortilla chips.

#2:  Tropical Fruit Salsa
8 oz. crushed pineapple
1 banana, sliced and quartered
2 kiwis, sliced and quartered
1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 Tb. cilantro
1 Tb. lime juice

Mix all the ingredients including the pineapple juice.  Serve with lime tortilla chips.

#3:  Avocado Chip Dip
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, chipped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tb. fresh, chopped parsley
1 Tb. chopped oregano
1 Tb. olive oil
1 Tb. red wine vinegar
cubed sharp cheddar cheese

Mix ingredients together and serve with tortilla chips.

(I don't have a picture of this salsa.  I forgot to take one. 
It was the most popular kind though and really yummy!)

Be creative with your tomatoes!!!  Make a salsa!!!