Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's August ...

August?  Already?

I promised the kids that we would go school shopping when it's August.  Ever since we got the school paper in the mail that has what each student all needs for the start of school, they've been begging to go shopping. 

They are both saying they are ready for school to begin.  I am not quit yet.  Just a bit more sleeping in mornings and not being so conscience about our bed time, sounds good to me!  I am usually always ready for the "more scheduled life style", but still never ready to start thinking about summer being over. 

Summer is not over yet ... no way!!!!  We will enjoy the next few weeks as much as we can!  Hoping to enjoy some more pool days and ball game evenings together!  We might even get to see the ocean yet too!!?? 

____________________

The two oldest kids from our family stayed overnight at Mommy Lapp's last night.  Mom had the whole family for a snack and hangout last night.  It was loud and toys spread throughout the whole house, but what fun!  I have to keep reminding myself that I was a kid once too and loved to drink soda at 9:00 PM and scatter the domino pieces all over the floor!  Hadassah and Jeffrey drew all evening long.  They are being inspired by each others art work.  They are really good too!  (I am not just saying that because I am the mom and aunt.  They are good.) 



All the older cousins slept there and today they will be going with Mommy around town in her 'way of transportation'!  I am sure it will be a challenge for her to keep them all calmed down and enjoy some pizza for lunch!  She is brave.  She wants to do this.  I admire any grandma that plans a day of events with just the grand kids!

So, that leaves me with just Ashlyn today.  Thinking about going for a much desired pedicure!!!  I think that would be relaxing and fun!

_____________________

Have a great first day of August!!!