Friday, September 14, 2012

Warm pears!

Again, the wonderful fall foods have me excited!  I bought a tray of pears at Costco last week and now they are all suddenly ripening at once! 

A few years ago, at a bed and breakfast anniversary sleepover, Mike and I were served warm pears at breakfast!  They were so yummy and delicious!  I have made them a few times since.  I didn't have all the ingredients on hand for that particular recipe the other evening, so I searched online for another easy warm pear recipe!  I found one!!!  Actually, I found a lot, but just tried one so far!  :)

It's easy ... take a pear and wash it.  Cut it in half.  Discard the stem and seeds.  Sprinkle a small dish with sugar and place the cut side half pear down into the dish.  Sprinkle with a bit more sugar.  I sprinkled some cinnamon on top too because I love cinnamon with warm fruit!  Bake the pear (s) at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.  Remove from the oven and pour 2 Tb. heavy cream on top of the pears and bake for another 10 minutes! 

See???  Easy right?  It's so easy that if you are the only one that likes warm pears in your family, you can now enjoy it without having tons of leftovers!  Just bake one pear!  (But beware ... the rest of family will be able to smell the wonderful aroma and may beg to try it!)  Enjoy your pears with a scoop of ice cream or just do what did and eat them just as they were baked!  Delicious hot and right out of the oven!!!  Yum!


(You may have noticed by now if you are a frequent reader that I love posting foods!  I have a few food blogs that I follow and it's become a passion, a delight and a big inspiration to try different foods!  Maybe some day I will have to change my blog title to "Real life with some added 'sweetness'".  Or something like that???)

I am FALLing in love with FALL flavors ... all over again!!!