Friday, November 16, 2012

Lost and FOUND!!!

Tuesday night, we packed up the kids and headed for Small Groups.  When we arrived, Mike asked if I had his Bible?  "No."

I could tell that wasn't what he was hoping I would say.  When he strapped Ashlyn in her car seat before leaving home, he placed his Bible on the roof of the van.  He forgot to get it before pulling the van out of our garage and down the road.

We strained our eyes the whole way home to see if we can see it lying along the road somewhere.  Nothing.  Mike even went out again and looked that night.  Still nothing.

As we tucked the kids into bed we prayed that someone would find his Bible and else return it or read it!!!  Then we waited.

I knew he had a church bulletin tucked in his Bible pages, so I hoped that if anything someone would return it to church on Sunday.

I took a walk up and down our street and looked the next afternoon.  Nothing.  I drove our route too and still didn't see it anywhere.

Yesterday morning, Mike and I read from another Bible for our devotions.  It just didn't seem the same, but I knew Bibles can be replaced.  Then yesterday afternoon, I saw a car pull into our driveway and sat at the end of the lane.  I got off my recliner, (because I was doing a lesson from our Bible Study!  Yes!!!) and went to the front door.  Ashlyn was sleeping and I knew that if Ginger would notice the car, her bark could wake Ashlyn up.  Nobody got out of the car, so I assumed they were just turning around.  Soon, a young girl came knocking on the door.  I noticed a book in her hand and thought, "Oh, my word!  She's got Mike's Bible!"  Then just that fast I thought, "Oh, no.  She's just a Jehovah's Witness."  I hoped and then doubted.

I grabbed Ginger to stop her from barking and went to the door.  My eyes got huge!  It was truly Mike's Bible she had in her hand!  She said that they found this Bible along the road and had to look us up to return it to us.  (I had our names inside of his Bible.  Thank goodness!)  I was so HAPPY!  I thanked her and she left.  A minute later, I was like ... what?  I didn't even ask her 'where' she found it.  I hadn't offered her a gift for returning it.  I just said thank you and returned Mike's Bible on the end table where it belongs!  I was ashamed but yet, so very happy to have it returned!

I did stop and praise God for answering our prayers.  I texted all the people that knew his Bible went missing and is now found!  I felt like I was living out the Bible story of the widow lady who lost her one small coin and when she found it, she told all her friends about it!

I couldn't wait to tell the kids when they got home from school!  I knew they would be just a happy too!

I texted Mike this:  "A lady just dropped off your Bible!!!  I was so happy I forgot to ask her where she found it.  I know!  I am praising the Lord that there are still people around looking out for others!  For us!!!"

................................

It felt great reading from Mike's Bible this morning!  Another thing I read was, "Be content to be a simple sheep, listening for My voice and following Me."  Love that!

Have a blessed day and rejoice with our family today that God looks out for us!  He answers our prayers!  Maybe not always immediately.  Maybe not even just two days later.  But He hears our prayers and answers them ALL in His perfect timing!