Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We came through the Thanksgiving Holiday grateful!  After breakfast, we sat together with our kids and had a family meeting.  This doesn't happen near as often as we would like, but once a year is better than none.  :)  We talked about our past year and the things we improved in.  We talked about some of the things we would like for our family to do this coming year.  Goals.  Attitudes.  Family rules.  We also each wrote down some things we were thankful for.  (I will give details on this meeting at a later post.)

Mike and I went for a quick two mile run!  He's been my inspiration with running!  I am too quick to say, "I don't feel like it" ... or ... "I don't have the time."  We ran fast and hard.  The last part of the run, we ran all out!  I was puffed!  Tired!  But refreshed!

We quickly got showered and made a salad before heading off to Mike's family gathering!  We spent our Thanksgiving day with Mike's family.  Mom made a scrumptious meal!!!  Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, roast, veggies and yummy desserts!!! 

As we sat around the dinner table, we all took a turn to say some of the things we are most thankful for!  Many mentioned family.  Health.  Food.  Friends.  Jesus!!!

After lunch, the kids played outside.  It was so gorgeous!  Four square, basketball, sidewalk chalk, scooters, etc..  The men went out to the field and shot clay birds and sited in their rifles.  The ladies relaxed and chatted.  We also went to see Ervin's 9 lab puppies.  So cute!

The evening hours were spent with the adults playing 'fist'.  Men vs Ladies.  Always the best competition!!!

The turkey mom cooked!!!  Oh yeah!!!  So moist and yummy!

Mike ... carved the turkey for us!!!
Here are some of the kids!  They had a good time ... once again!

Hadassah and I went out shopping Thursday night.  We left at 9 PM and shopped till 1 AM.  The stores were crazy busy, but we sure had a wonderful time!  I treasure this outing with Hadassah.  We are making great memories!!!  Love you girl!!!  Thanks for being my shopping buddy!  Here's are our deals ...


Sophia doing side walk chalk.



________________________________________________________________________

Our sunrises are unbelievable gorgeous lately!!!  Here's one Mike and I gazed at in all!!!  Sitting on the couch reading devotions and watching these gorgeous sun rises come up through the horizon is more than perfect!!!  Thanks Lord for your beauty!



____________________________________________________________________

I am so thankful for my health.  My family!  My wonderful husband and beautiful kids!  
My personal Lord and Saviour!  Our house and food and heat!  My Bible!  My friends! 

I hope your Thanksgiving Holiday was filled with good times!

Blessings!!!