Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Week!!!

Oh, boy!!!  Thanksgiving week is upon us!  We have lots going on around our home this week! 
...................................
Saturday evening, we spent together with some friends!  (Thanks Jonathon and Marilyn for the invite!)  The guys enjoyed a game of Acquire while us ladies chatted.  I made a Pumpkin Cheesecake to take along!  I've been waiting for a chance to make this yummy dessert!  I was delighted to see the outcome!


PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE:

Mix 2 cups graham crumbs with 1 stick of melted butter. 
Press on the bottom of a 10" spring foam cheesecake pan.

Beat: 3 - 8oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Add and beat:  5 eggs

Add and beat: 3 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until set.  Chill and enjoy!

....................................

We, of course, want to start this holiday with the real reason of it's celebration!  THANKFULNESS!  Remembering all our blessings and giving God thanks for them all!  Yesterday, I had a good reminder!  We had a great time sharing at Sunday School.  The lesson was in Proverbs.  We got on the topic of how it's "more blessed to give than to receive".  Mike handed out a $20 bill to one of the guys in the class and asked what he would do with it to bless someone else?  We passed the $20 bucks around and the last person to have it was challenged to actually use it this week to bless someone else.  Blessings ... they are all around us! 

I gave an example of how once there was someone in front of me at the car wash.  They paid for their wash and after pulling into the bay, they texted me and wrote they had paid for my wash too!  What a blessing!  If they would have just given me the $8 ... it would have probably meant very little.  I might have never remembered what I actually used it for.  But the thought of paying for my car wash is something I never forgot!  I wanted to do that for someone else too!  Sometimes it takes our thoughts to turn into actions to actually bless others!  Thanks again Amey & Marty!  It still ministers to me!  :)

Sunday afternoon was spent relaxing with Mike and the kids.  My nap also felt wonderful!!!  Mike and I went out for a 2 mile run.  I wasn't too sure how it was going to go?.  I haven't been running much lately.  (Really should get into my groove again!  Why is it so hard to start?)  The run went great!  My lungs got a fresh dose of the autumn air and my muscles are telling me today that the run was worth it!  We then spent the evening with our grandparents and playing 'golf'!!!

......................................

The start of our Thanksgiving week for me was getting the kids off to school and my laundry pile decreased today!  I also had 8 pumpkin pies on my 'to make' list for our food pantry at church.  I started with the crust.  Then the mixing.  Then the baking.  I love making these pies and now they are ready for delivery!

 
 
Tomorrow will consist of more baking for the kids school parties coming up.  I am thinking about a cupcake display and then some pumpkin dip with ginger snaps!  (Will post them later.)

....................................

Throughout the busy next couple of days and weeks, we are also preparing our home for little puppies!  Our Morkie house dog is pregnant and will be birthing puppies hopefully soon!  I am a bit nervous about the whole thing, but am really hoping all goes well!!!  We should have a few cute puppies to sell after Christmas!

....................................

And, because it is Autumn and the leaves are all falling off the trees, here's a picture of the kids helping Lena with her big piles.


 Matthew would push a big pile of leaves into the trash can! Filled it up in no time!

.........................................

Because this post is becoming of random thoughts, here's another funny picture from last week.  Mike crawled into bed and said, "Hon, you have to get up and go look at Matthew over in his bed!"  I was too tired and already sleeping, so I waited to look in the morning. 

Mike took a picture with his phone because he thought it was so unique.  I know now why he thought I should have gotten up and taken a peak ... :) .  In the morning, the yard stick was down and Matthew sound asleep.

Before going to bed, Matthew asked me for a sturdy yard stick.  I tucked him in and kissed him goodnight.  I guess he must have adjusted his covers just a tad!!!  :)  Boys will be boys!!!  And I am so glad!


..............................

It's now time for me to get some sleep!  I'll let the tepee style for the boys!  A good pillow and mattress is all I need!  (Well, a good night kiss from hubby too!  :) )

Blessings as you count your blessings this week!