Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sunny South (post 3)


The weather has been so perfect (except for today) and the food has been so yummy, sweet and way too delicious to be thinking about leaving it all here in a few days.  We still have some favorites to try and enjoy!

Because I like to post some foods ... here are some that we are very much enjoying here in the south!  Most food posts I write about, are foods that I make myself but not this time.  This is called a 'family vacation' and that means just that VACATION!  I haven't done much cooking, except for breakfast!  And, and juicing fresh oranges doesn't even come near calling that work for me!  Fun!

Pies:  No body on this planet earth makes pies as high, as wide, and as creamy as these pies!  Hadassah's favorite is strawberry pie.  I like the peanut butter and key lime!  However, the butterscotch and egg custard and chocolate cake with peanut butter icing and all the other 10 plus options sound so marvelous.  (Sorry, I just can't have them all ... I know!  And it is hard to control a sweet tooth down here!)

My iPhone just don't take that great of pictures but here are the mile high pies.  Strawberry and Peanut Butter.

My request for Mike ... I asked Mike to stop and get me a piece of key lime pie yesterday on his way back from visiting a friend and golfing.  I knew I would have him and Ashlyn helping me!

Fluffy, sweet key lime.

Told you so!
 Why use a spoon when the fingers work so much better!?!



Sweet Rolls:  These are heavenly!  The dough is soft.  It's rolled tight with sugar and cinnamon.  Then they slab a thick layer of delicious caramel icing on top!  Yep, it's heavenly!  I think we are on number three with these babies!


Coke Slushies:  The kids came up with this idea.  They froze coke in glasses and served it with our delivered pizza and freshly sliced cucumbers!  Refreshing!


.................................................

A night with eating pie and playing settlers with friends and our parents was ALL SWEET!  We had such a great time hanging out with JR & Ruthie and their kids while they were here for three days.  We both had parents down here that like to play settlers and because we were eager for our first bite of pie ... we put the two together and had a wonderful night!


...................................................

 There's this little grocery store with lollie pops and such inside and Hadassah thought I just had to buy one of these for Ashlyn!  :)  She was glad I did!


..............................................

 Every morning, these loud little birds swalk and chirp away!  They are loud and can at times get annoying!  Wild parrots.  They seem to be my alarm clock in the morning!


.........................................

Today, the weather was rainy this morning and cloudy.  Hadassah and I took the opportunity to do some browsing and shopping!  It was great time together!  Meanwhile, Mike was back at the house with Matthew and Ashlyn competing with Matthew in Settlers!  :)

The sun is out again and we are going to be spending time with great friends at "Sweet Tomatoes"!  This is just another favorite place down here.  A restaurant that has an all out spread of fresh salads and pastas!  The biggest salad bar around town!  (Mom, you would love it!!!  Dad, you would just smile at knowing Mom would enjoy this!  Hehe!)

Bye for now ....    from the sunny south!