Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine Dinner (part 4)

We are just a bit busy packing up and getting ready for a fun upcoming family vacation.  Taking time for a date night on Valentines was going to be hard, so we opted to stay at home and save some $$$ and time!

All day long, however, I kept thinking about what I should cook for dinner or better yet ... maybe, just maybe, Mike would call and say let's go out after all.  The kids are at the ages now that they know and see how much we enjoy going out together and Hadassah thought we should go just Mike and I. 

It was 4:00 and I started to work FAST!  Really fast.  Suddenly, I was determined to make something nice and tasty here at home.  I pulled out some talapia fillets from the freezer.  I rolled some potatoes in olive oil and seasonings and stuck them in the oven.  I whipped up some fresh tarter sauce.  I thawed some shrimp and sauteed them in butter and seasonings!  Finally, I put some heart shaped jellos on a dish and hopped that would be a satisfying dessert for Valentines!!!  (I was also very aware of all the candy we collected at the school Valentines parties today!  :)  )


A peak at the parties ...
This was the spread for the fifth graders!!!  Wonderful foods!!!
 Matthew was in total glee with all his valentines and candy!!!
 Everyone was given a pair of glasses that Matthew thinks is so cool!!!
 Hadassah's class did a card project.  They also collected money they earned as a class and gave it with the cards to Backpack Medics.  Great idea!!!
 Fruit Kabobs and cupcakes ... yum!

 Back to our dinner story ...
Mike did call me at 5:00 to just made sure that we were both thinking the same.  Having a dinner at home was the perfect decision!!!  He got home at 6:00.  The table was set with our fine china dishes.  Candle lite.  The smell in the kitchen was great from all the food cooking!  It was fun!!!  Mike walked in the door and handed me a small white box!  What was this???  He smiled as I jokingly asked if it's a left over fastnacht donut?  (We were in good humor!!!  We laughed the rest of the night about it and even this morning got a few chuckles!!!)

It was way better than a left over donut!!!  It was a very pretty cupcake!  That was my perfect touch to my lousy dessert options for our dinner!!!  Really!  It was the sweet thought that counted.  He was extra busy at work and yet took the time (and thought) to stop for a sweet dessert for ME!  I love treats like that!!!  It makes me melt and feel special!  Loved!



The kids enjoyed the meal as much as we did!!!  Well, Ashlyn didn't think the fish was that tasty but that's OK ... she still chooses cucumbers over just about anything!  Even candy at times!  The evening here at home was wonderful.  We got the dishes cleaned and then the school work completed and then some time and sit and sip on some hot Chai and listen to an Adventures in Odyssey episode.  Hadassah and I are so into this series right now!!!

I am thankful today for my family!  For the love we have for each other!!!  For my husband!  For his love and his humor and his devotion to God!

I AM BLESSED!!!