Friday, May 10, 2013

He's BACK home!!!

Mike is back home!!!  He was in Orlando, Florida all week taking a "Public Speaking" course.  He really enjoyed all he learned and hopes to put it all to practice, but he to is happy to be back home.

Last Sunday morning, him and Matt Lapp drove south.  I kept asking him questions all morning like:  Where are you staying?  When are you coming home?  I thought you were flying???  Etc..  I like some details ... just call me a women, right?  :)

All his comments and answers back to me were ... "Don't know.  Matt Lapp planned it and I'm just going along to learn!"  He didn't know the motel name.  He didn't tell me they were driving till Sunday morning.  I just assumed they were flying since it was a short time.  And, talk about short VS long trip.  He also said they would be back home late Wednesday night.  He packed his bags and out the door Sunday morning.

The kids and I knew we were going to miss him like crazy and I also knew that we had evening plans and that always makes the time go faster!

Marlene and I got together after our Sunday afternoon naps and went to the park with the kids.  It was then that she said the guys won't be back till late Thursday night!!!  I was shocked and let down but yet knowing that there's not much I can do about it now.  I called Mike later and asked him again when he's coming home, just to see if he realized the return date?!  :)  Matt had told him the difference on the way down.  He was feeling bad that he told me wrong.  Well, like I said, no use crying or pouting about it now!

Sunday night, while tucking the kids into bed, went terrible.  Ashlyn was crying and ended up with a disciple before finally going to sleep.  Matthew was crying because he missed his daddy so much already!  I laid beside him feeling like crying too, yet whispering in his ear that we will be OK and that daddy will be back at the end of the week!  Hadassah was the bravest and went to bed reading her book and after EVERYONE was peacefully sleeping, I finally breathed a prayer of thanks and then asking God to be my strength this week as I parent alone!

The week did go great!!!  Praise the Lord!  The kids had school.  Matthew did great in his little league game.  The Spring Program at school went well.  Wednesday, Mike's mom came over and we worked our butts off mulching!  Still have some to do and I will let that for Mike and I to finish up together! 

Wednesday night, we met at Chick-fil-a with Marlene and her children and hung out.  Then we went to the ball park for cake and ice cream with some of Mike's old ball team friends.  That's always fun!!!  Yesterday, was cleaning day here.  Matthew was up during the night complaining of belly ache, so I left him sleep in and when he woke up, he seemed better.  I took him to school at 9:45 and then Ashlyn and I did some errands.  Last night, we again got together with Marlene and her children and they always have so much fun together!  It's such fun chatting over some decaf coffee too!  You know you have great close friends when they know exactly how you like your coffee.  Decaf coffee in the evenings with whipped cream on top!!!  Thanks Marlene for hosting us!!! 

This morning the three kids were all smiles when they got to see Mike back home.  He came home at 1 AM and it felt so good to have him kiss me goodnight again!  Even if it was in the middle of the night! :)

Now, he's back to work.  He fixed the mower problem too! 

The house smells so good from the homemade meadow I brewed this morning. 

The sunshine is bright outside and it's warm already.  It's to reach 80 today! 

My little miss just sat on my lap and said, "Mower ride!"  Let's go ...!

......................................................

Yesterday, I got roses delivered to my door!!!  Yep, from my hubby!!!




Thanks so much, Baby!!!  I love you sooooo much!


.......................................................

 Here's my little sweetie this morning that's ready for her mower ride! 
Enjoy the wonderful weather and never, never take your husbands for granted.  They are such blessings and when they are out of the house for 5 days, it's way wonderful to have back his presence and voice and hugs and kisses and prayers and laughter!!!  We can't wait to hang out as a family (all together again) tonight!!!

I am so blessed!!!