Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spring Program 2013

At school, there is always a Spring Program.  Most times it's some singing and then a play performed by the students.  They ALWAYS do such a good job!  But, this year was a little different.

The school decided to combine the Music Recitals with the Spring Program.  It included lots of singing and no play.  At first, if I'm honest, I wasn't sure I was into just singing.?.  I loved their plays from previous years and was a bit sad to not be able to watch yet another one.  BUT ... the evening was awesome!  Not boring.  Not one bit!  Between the instrumentals, the class singing, the clown piano songs and Ashlyn NOT holding still during the whole entire 1 1/2 hour program ... I was not bored!  Very entertained in fact!  :)

Again, we missed Mike not being with us and I especially missed him with helping me out with our active toddler!  :)  I hope he enjoys these short video clips I captured just for him to see!

Matthew was complaining before we left of having a bellyache.  I wasn't real sure if he was nervous or if he really was hurting from a stomach bug?  When we arrived at school, I decided to let him just sit with me and not make him go on stage with his class.  He said when he gets in front of everyone, his feet start to wiggle and he feels dizzy.  (Yes, boys can be drama too.)  As the program began and I pulled out some toys to entertain Ashlyn, he suddenly seemed much better.  He was teasing Ashlyn, wanting to play with her toys, etc..  When it was his classes turn to get up for the program I said he needed to go with them.  He looked all shocked and said he feels kinda better but still don't want to face the audience.  Sorry ... he went.  If all the kids that would have a choice or "want" to sing or face the crowd, most likely we wouldn't have a program at all.  He did great on stage and sat with his class the rest of the evening!  Way to conquer your fears and things that look tough, buddy!  Proud of you!

For some reason, it's taking really long to download each video.  I took three of them, but here's just one.  Enjoy!

This is Hadassah playing her piano piece!  She did great!