Thursday, May 2, 2013

National Day of Prayer ...

I didn't start out this week thinking I was going to have a post every day, but it looks like I'm on a roll.  Some weeks, I feel like I have nothing new to share and then other weeks (like this one) I have lots going on!

Today is National Day of Prayer.  It's a day that our nation actually allows MORE prayer!  That's awesome!  The theme is "Pray for America".  The key verse is found in Matthew 12:21.  "In His name the nations will put their trust."

The kids are having extra time in prayer in school today and I appreciate that!  It's amazing how kids can pray!  So powerful!  I have been amazed at Hadassah's prayers recently.  It's not the one minute long "thank you Jesus for this and help me with that", no, it's much more!  It's like she reached another level in her prayer life!  That's exciting.  I think she really does enjoy praying and many nights after our family devotions, she asks if she can pray too.  "I am proud of you Hadassah!  Keep praying and making Jesus #1 in your life.  He really does care for all those little, tiny things in your life!"

===========================

My 16 yards of bark mulch arrived early this morning and so after the house is cleaned (and it really needs it!), I hope to go outside and dig in!  Ashlyn and Ginger already found their way to the pile!  I can tell that the house won't stay clean very long with that mulch waiting on me.  One wheelbarrow at a time!!!  We have 4 yards of mushroom mulch coming yet today sometime!

==========================

Celebrate with our nation today by spending a little bit more time in prayer!  We sure all need it in this hurting, sinful world!

Be blessed and say a prayer for a lost friend, a hurting family, a struggling marriage, teenagers that really want to make a difference and not fall into the peer pressure trap, parents that try their hardest to make good choices for their families!  For more 'fear of God' in our hearts.  If you want to change the world or make a BIG difference, try starting with you!  My heart.  My motives.  My convictions.  My love for Jesus!  That LOVE will spread like wild fire if you allow it to!

"Pray without ceasing."  1 Thessalonians 5:17

(Don't forget to turn off the music on the bottom of the page first before listening to this song!)  :)