Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Parties are going on!!!

This time of year is one of the busiest time in our lives.  Always.  I keep trying to tell myself to slow down and enjoy the small things that seem to never get noticed.  We are enjoying all the cards through the mail!  We eat too many cookies this time of year.  We have Christmas music playing almost around the clock.  It's the holiday season that keeps us going from one party, to the next gathering, and then to another banquet.  It's all done with friends and family and that's why it's so much fun!

Yesterday, it was another one of those days that kept me stepping.  Mom Lapp and I went to set up for the employee banquet.  Ashlyn helped us set tables, chairs, table clothes, plates and all the other fixings that make a banquet look nice and like Christmas.  Mike brought us a quick lunch.  We organized the employee gifts and then got ready to go to our next event.

Ashlyn and I went to school for the third grade Christmas party.  Matthew decorated a ginger bread cookie, went on a scavenger hunt and even acted out some Christmas/Winter words.  Hadassah's class went on a field trip and so their party was an all day outing helping at Global Aid. 




We brought Celine home with us from school and she got to stay just a bit before Linda picked her up.  These girls think Christmas is awesome!!!



Then last night, we went to our annual employee banquet.  The food was great!  The games, fellowship and ping pong was exciting.  I just wish our toddler would have taken a nap in the afternoon because she seemed to be on my lap all night whining and asking to go home to her bed.  :/  Thank you all for your gifts and we appreciate our working crew so much!!!

It was late till we got to bed.  We were all tired and ready for some rest!

Today we slept in and enjoyed a morning here at home.  I thought about mixing my third batch of sand tart cookies but then decided to wait for that sugary mess till next week.  My family is enjoying way too many of these but I love them too ... so I hope to make yet another batch!  :)

We've got more Christmas events for this weekend!  Celebrate the Lord's birth with us and enjoy the season!!!  Enjoy your family.  Remember what we are celebrating and rejoice that Jesus was born!

We have only four more days till Christmas!!!  Yipppeeee!!!