Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas with the Dienner's!


 Yesterday we got to spend the afternoon and all evening with my extended "Dienner" family!  Mom and Dad hosted the Christmas dinner at their house.  Their rec room and barn is just the perfect place to gather!

Every year my grandparents give EVERYONE a gift.  Thank you Mommy and Daudy D.!!!  We love you so much!

Handing out some money as a gift!

Ashlyn was all excited when I told her she can play with Kia today!  These two have a blast!  Playing with her cousins is a great day!!!

Matthew appreciated his $$$ gift!!!  Ryan, Tyler and Matthew had such a blast in Dad's straw mound.  They made tunnels and made broom soak ammunition.  They were covered from head to toe with barn dirt and straw ... but what fun they had!  We came home and Matthew jumps right into his pj's.  He was not impressed when I looked at him and shuck my head at him.  Taking a shower really a punishment ... is it?  He did shower and I would like to think that he really did feel cleaner and better!  :)  Boys ....

Mommy D. had a small present for the younger children.

She was the very first person to give Ashlyn a Christmas gift.  I have a picture of that moment.  I wanted to really capture this again this year!  Tadaa ...

 It's a doll that laughs and laughs.  Mike will be soon saying that it will be become bathtub toy I'm sure!  :)  Thanks Mommy D.!

A bunch of us blessed our grandparents with canned goods we did through out the year.  Homemade breads and goodies to last for awhile!

Hadassah was really excited when she saw what her gift from her great grandparents was!  A gift card to Park City and a pin.  Shopping excites her!!!

The girls had fun in the barn hay too!  They jumped off a big high pile of straw.  Straw in hair, in shoes, in socks ... yep all over!

Here's my handsome husband and no I did not photo shop those blue eyes!!!  Every now and then I say to him, "Just look at me."  I love those blue, blue eyes!!!  I love him so much and we are excited to have a joyful Christmas together with extended family and friends!!!  He enjoyed a game of Acquire with the men.  He won!!!  :)


Us ladies sat and chatted.  We learned about some new hobbies.  Ate yummy foods.  I always enjoy the homemade chip dip!!!  A favorite from long ago!  We played game after game of "Dice".  Cousin Angie said that she knows of another similar way to play.  You score everything the same except ... if a person keeps going after the first person who rolled is finished, and they get a one or five, that previous person does not get to write down their score.  We played one game like this and the men liked it.  Mommy D. hated it. :) She wanted to always write her score down if she chooses to stop shaking the dice.  It made for a more daring game because if you gave three (or how ever many) dice for the next person to shake, you must likely didn't get to write down your score.  Mike and Dad liked this and once Mike stopped at 300 thinking that Dad wouldn't go on with that low score.  But he did and rolled a five.  They laughed and laughed because Mike couldn't even write down a low 300 but Dad got to write down 350!  :)

The Christmas spirit is such fun!  Thanks Mom and Dad for hosting us!  Merry Christmas to all my Dienner relatives!!!