Friday, January 17, 2014

A blog book ...

I ordered a book of my blog the other day and when it arrived, we all went a bit crazy! The two oldest kids were just heading out the door for school and noticed the package between the door.  I immediately said, "Maybe it's my blog book!!!?"  I ripped open the box as fast as I could.  Everyone wanted a quick look!!! 

I was a bit skeptical about ordering a book like this and spending $$$ when I haven't ever seen a book done by this company before.  Or any blog book for that matter.  I wasn't sure how the book would look?  I wasn't sure if I would be pleased with the print coloring for the pictures?  I wasn't sure if I made a good decision.  BUT ... it didn't take me long to smile with approval! 

My blog book is a beefy, black, hard cover book.  I have a picture of our family on the front cover and a picture of the kids on the back cover.  I chose to print all my blog post starting from January of 2013 - Christmas of 2013.  The book is complete with all my writings and all the pictures I posted.  It was simple to download (well, after I had the updated version of Adobe).  I am pleased.

I still want to scrapbook actual pictures, but having a fast printed out book like this, will be tempting to go this route in the future!  It's much more personal because I write a lot more on a blog post than I do on a scrap booking page.  I call it a "family archive"!  I know it will be precious for many, many years to come!!!

I blogged for three years now and so having the other two years printed out in a book is on my "wish list".  It does get costly but the memories are so packed full in a book!  I haven't introduced it to other family and friends just yet, but I know it will be interesting to them as well.  I also know that when I actually crop these pictures in a photo album (someday I wish to get caught up!!!), the journaling will be a breeze.  I now already like to look back at my previous posts for scrap booking journaling.

If anyone else ever printed out a blog in the form of a book, please let yourself be heard!!! 

Well, I am off for a night of scrap booking fun with some of my dearest girlfriends!  I hope to really get a lot done!!!  Yeah for cute photo's and scrap booking fun!!!