Tuesday, January 7, 2014

No School again ...

This winter is really showing us a hard start!  The wind is howling outside.  Our house is drafty and so on windy days you don't want to be relaxing on the North side but rather right in front of the picture window.  There the sun always is loving and kind and so warm!!! 

Hadassah came home yesterday and said that they have a two hour delay tomorrow because of "cold weather".  What?  I never heard the likes.  I asked her if school sent home a notice to confirm that?  No. But only a few minutes went by when my phone rang.  It was school announcing the two hour delay.  The kids cheered knowing that they could sleep in yet another winter morning!

We went to Hadassah's first basketball game last night.  She is excited to play again this winter!  I asked her to get Ashlyn a jacket on and head on out to the Yukon while I finished up the supper dishes.  They strapped Ashlyn in her car seat and were all out waiting for me by the time I grabbed my coffee and camera headed out the door.  When we arrived at school, Ashlyn got unstrapped and jumped out the door right behind the other two kids.  I got out my door and gasped!  Little Ashlyn was in short sleeves with only a thick vest on!!!  She ran in towards the door.  I was right behind her but you should have seen the heads turn when people saw her outside!  I was a bit embarrassed and explained that I did not know she was only in a vest!  It's freezing outside!  It requires layers and warm layers!  Not just a vest!  I mean that is the reason for our two hour delay in the morning right???  She didn't seem to mind and when I offered her my gloves and held her tight, she squirmed out of my arms and was ready to watch the game!!!  :)

Hadassah is on the girls blue team and they played well!  The blue team won!!!  Yes!!!




I got to sleep in a little this morning knowing about the two hour delay.  My phone again showed "0" degrees!  My phone rang at 7 AM and it was another message from school.  "No school today."  Too cold!!!  I can't ever remember not going to school or even having a delay because of cold weather!?!  It's fun and OK now but I'm afraid in June, when everyone is ready for summer vacation, we will still be packing lunches and making up for these missed days!

It's winter here!!!  It's sooooo cold!  Like frost bite cold!  I am really hoping that ALL the flu germs, the cold germs, any virus bug gets frozen solid and killed!!! 

It will be another day inside with the three kids!  I'm into putting more pieces together on our puzzle and listening to yet more Adventures in Odyssey episodes!!!  :)  Hot chocolate, soup and anything warm will be tasty on such a cold day!!!

Brrrrrr ... it's cold outside!  Stay warm wherever you are today!!!