Monday, January 27, 2014

It's a celebration of 13 years!!!!

I have been married for 13 years to the man of my dreams.  That doesn't mean we are perfect ... but we do make the perfect fit together.  That doesn't mean we never have disagreements ... it just means we talk and solve things out together.  It also doesn't mean that we've never had rough, tough or times of hardships ... no, it means that through the years we got to know each other better.  Keep giving each other space to grow.  Grow more and more in love with each other. 

God gets all the glory for this match up between us.  Mike grew up an Amish boy.  A boy that went to a one room school house.  One that broke so many windows from throwing balls against his parents barn.  One that loved his family and still does very much!!!  He grew up working for his parents at market and then at the shed business that he is still involved with today.  He played lots of baseball and hockey.  Mike spent some of his teenage years with the Amish youth crowds and then at age 19 he started to be with the youth group that I happened to be with!!!!  That's when the X's and O's all began!!!

I grew up not far from Mike's house yet in two different people groups.  I went to a Christian Private school.  Grew up in a great church.  I have a family that grew up strong in Christ.  From 8th grade I moved on to high school.  That was one great decision I made and never regretted!!!  The spiritual challenges and teachings during those years really made a big impact with being young and free!  My friends were from God fearing families.  Not because I always searched for that kind, but because God put them in my life.  That was also huge!!!  Our youth group was filled with kids that wanted to have a good time and yet keep Christ in everything we did!  The youth leaders were outstanding too!  When Mike started to come to youth gatherings, I immediately was drawn to him.  To his looks.  To his blue eyes.  And later to his heart!!!  :)

Mike was the first and ever man to ask me out on a date!  That was always a dream of mine and again ... I know it was God putting things together in my life.  We dated for a few years.  I graduated from high school and that Fall we got engaged!!!  We were both young and in love.  We married the following January and have been happily married for now 13 years!!!  When God puts things together ... it's heavenly!!!

God started our family only a few months of being married!  We now have three healthy children and between Hadassah and Matthew we went through a hard time of losing a baby through a miscarriage.  We asked why and wondered why us?  But we have learned that it's OK to ask the questions but never question "who" God is.  He is Lord of All.  He cares for us.  He loves us more than we can ever imagine.  He looks out for His children and when we stand and believe in His promises, all seems much better!!!  Because it is better!!!  Our faith has grown over the years.  We have been taught a whole lot and we are still learning!  More about God.  More about following His will.  More about His forever love.  More about being refined and chastised.  Being in love with Jesus has brought Mike and I more in love with each other!!!  It's a journey!  That journey can make us weary at times but God gives strength every day!!!

I am so blessed to be married to Mike!  I am thankful that we pray together every single day.  That we kiss each other before closing our eyes and when we wake, we are happy to have another day together!  Happy Anniversary HUN!!!  I love you so MUCH!!! 

We have a short anniversary trip coming up and it will be fun to be together ... just him and I!  For today though, I hope to at least find us some good dessert.  Something that we can enjoy tonight together.  After work.  After Hadassah's basketball game.  Then we will sit together and eat dessert and drink coffee!!!

I hope to have many, many, many, many, mannnnny more years with this man!!!

To God be all the glory!!!