Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Spring!!!

With it being the first day of Spring, I am rejoicing!!!  The calendar tells us that it is now officially Spring but the weather outside and telling us it's still winter!!!  :(  As much as I want it to get warm and be "spring", it is snowing today.  All day long.  It's giving us a few inches of that white, cold snow.  It doesn't go with the exciting first day of spring feeling but maybe tomorrow when it hits 50 degrees, it will begin to feel like spring time.


Instead of going to a greenhouse, we house cleaned the shop today.  That place gets so dirty from all the men working and eating there!  It needed a deep cleaning big time!!!  Ashlyn and Addison had a real blast playing while us ladies cleaned.  We said a final goodbye to the cleaning day as Fannie Lynn mopped up a big puddle of water on the lunch room floor because Addison decided to flood the floor by pushing the water dispenser for long!  :)  I kinda think it's cute but if it were my child, it would not be very happy.  Fannie mopped and soaked up the water and then we all called it a day!  It was time to be done anyway!  The lunchroom, bathrooms and office area all look nice and clean!!!

With it snowing outside and being all wet and yucky, Ashlyn and I came home for showers and relax time.  I smell the potatoes in the oven baking.  I have steaks on the counter marinating in a herby sauce.  Salad wedges will go great as our side dish!  I was inspired by watching "Pioneer Women" with this meal.  Mike thought it all looked great and so we are going to try it tonight for supper!  I decided to go out in the snow and grill the steaks even though it's still snowing outside.  I can't wait to see how the steaks taste because I got another new cookbook the other night.  (I'm a big cookbook fan!  I love to look through them and try new recipes!  Especially if it's full of colorful pictures with each recipe!!!  I think it's a hobby of mine!)  Thanks to Dorcas Stutzman for the recipe and new cookbook!  If it's a new favorite, I'll share the ingredients!  :)

Also, while looking through the cookbook, I came across "Creamed Eggs".  Mom never made these at home for us when we were kids but I remember her and Jody saying that they love them.  I decided to try the recipe in Dorcas' cookbook and it is a winner!!!  I only made a tiny bit yesterday morning for me but then made a bigger go this morning for Hadassah and I.  We both love it!  Hard boiled eggs are mixed in a creamy sauce!!!  Then topped on a piece of toast.  I added fresh spinach and a half avocado to mine on the side!  Delicious!!!!! 

 
 
OK, the steaks are grilled and supper is waiting for Mike to come home!!!  Ashlyn said, "Mom, it smells like restaurant in here!"  :)  I think the smell of hot steaks and baked potatoes smells like a good dinner to her!!!  :)
 
Maybe tomorrow morning I will wake up and feel spring!?!  The weather is to warm up so the snow will not stay long.  We are ready to work in the garden and think Spring!!!