Thursday, March 5, 2015

It's a blizzard!

OK, so we have been waiting for a good snow storm to come to us and now that we flipped the calendar to March, it arrived!  :)  I keep reminding myself that it is still winter and it sure proved itself today!!!

It was forecasted for us to get around six inches of snow but this winter every time snow was forecasted, we got very little.  A dusting here and there, leaving us with frozen icy roads.  We've had lots of two hour delays with school but today was a NO SCHOOL day for sure!!! 

I was up at 2 AM and looked out the window.  It was sleeting but no snow yet.  I did think, "Will we really get this snow?"  I went back to bed.  I got a phone call at 5:30 AM from school saying "no school today".  I looked out the window and to my surprise it was snowing like crazy with already a good bit on the ground!  I rolled over in bed with a content heart knowing that the kids and I can sleep in a bit longer this morning!  The house was quiet till 7:30!  We all woke up kind of the same time and so we all got the surprise we hopped for at the same time!  Inches of snow was already on the ground and it was still snowing heavy!!!  Pure delight!

We have a very small hill out front but it's better than no hill at all.



  Sticking the yard stick in the deepest snow fall!

 These two love the outdoors together!!!

 Crawling through the snow!


 Snow buddies!
 Ginger was out in it too.  She looked like a rabbit hopping through the snow!  It was too deep for her to just run.

We all ate some breakfast and just kept watching it snow.  I started my weekly house cleaning and Hadassah did all the vacuuming for me.  We had Odysee playing almost all day long.  I texted Lena and told her that Hunter should come out for awhile and sled with the kids.  A couple minutes later, he was here sledding!  Matt just happened to go past and had Hunter with him.  They saw the kids outside and stopped.  Hadassah gave him a few sled rides and then Ashlyn and Hunter came in to warm up.  And play toys.  :)
 
 Favorite friends!
 Matthew got them both a cup of fresh falling snow and added some koolaid to it!  The sipped on it with spoons and straws.



It was lunch time before we knew it.  I got my scrapbooking out last night and so I sat down and cropped!  And watched it snow and snow some more!  The kids were in and out all afternoon.  Matthew went to the biggest drift in the back yard and it measured 15 inches.  Now, right outside the door we have around 10-12 inches.  We got even more than predicted this time!!!

I kept texting Mike pictures of the snow storm.  He keeps texting me pictures of the golf courses in Arizona.  He's there for a few days, leaving us snowed in without him.  We miss him like crazy and getting snowed in without him just isn't as fun.  The kids did a great job today though staying occupied.  I enjoyed my whole afternoon getting pictures pasted on pages! 

We are totally snowed in.  I think I could probably get out the driveway but not sure how getting back in would be.?.  We are content right here!!!  The kids are now playing ping pong downstairs and I'm about to join them! 

The snow is beautiful outside!  It won't melt a bit with the tempts dipping down way past freezing tonight!!!  I am so thankful that we have food, a warm house and water!!! 

* We miss you Hun!  Enjoy your golfing time while we enjoy our snowstorm here at home! *