Monday, March 30, 2015

Ashlyn turns 4!

Our toddler turns four today!  She was so happy to wake up this morning with Mike and the other kids still at home!  She immediately asked if she is now four years old?!!  Yes!  She's been looking forward to her birthday for awhile now and so she was all smiles this morning!

Last Thursday, I did my cleaning here at home and at lunch time I remembered that Wee Useables Consignment Sale was that day!  I've gone other years with not getting a whole lot but since we are thinking "maternity", "baby" and "birthday", I decided to go have a look.  I was glad I did!

I've been online looking at some doll houses for Ashlyn.  Hadassah never had a nice one when she was younger.  But played doll a lot with "Anna and Kate".  The past few weeks, Ashlyn however, plays so much with her pet shop animals and Polly pocket dolls.  I knew she would love to play with a doll house.  I thought and said a simple prayer, that maybe I would find a doll house at the consignment sale.?!

Ashlyn and I went to the sale and there were tons of ladies and moms shopping with tons of options and clothing and baby gear, etc.!  I went straight to the toys and as we walked down the many long tables, I spied a doll house!  It was the exact one that I was looking at online!  With tons of accessories!  I tried to call Mike and see if I should pay $$$ for a birthday gift.  He didn't answer.  So I kept walking and looking at all the other toy options.  At the end of the row, was another large doll house!  It had a few accessories.  When Ashlyn saw it, she beamed!!!  She went right to it and called it a castle!  :)  I tried to call Mike again and I asked for his advice.  The second house was cheaper and Ashlyn seemed to like it best!  Yes, it would make a perfect birthday gift for her!!!  She was so happy and full of smiles when I told her we could pay for it and take it along home!!!  We finished up a few more shopping and came home to set up and clean up the doll house and accessories!  I was delighted to see her have so much fun with it right away!  We set up the house and she played all afternoon with it!


 
 
The doll house has been played with a lot already.  I know she will play and play with it! 
 
I kept thinking about a small party for her but wasn't sure when?  We have plans tonight.  I grabbed a few party things at Target the other day and when Marlene texted us yesterday asking what we were doing, we decided to make pizza and cupcakes and have them over for a party and some fellowship!
 




 
She was excited to share her yummy cupcakes with Colson and Jessica!  :)  The party was last minute but fun!  Hadassah set up some pink plates and blew up some pink balloons.  We gathered in the basement and sang happy birthday.  The kids played while we played one game of settlers.  Fun time!  Thanks for coming Matt and Marlene!
 
 
This morning when Ashlyn woke up, Matthew went right to the computer and put on the birthday song.  We have done this same song for all our birthdays.  It's got a catchy tone and brings excitement into the air.  We danced in the living room as we sang the song to Ashlyn!  We also gave her a small cash register, so her and I played "store" after the kids went to school and Mike went to work.
 



 
Chocolate Chip Pancakes with a candle make a fun breakfast for Ashlyn.  :)
 
She's been getting gifts and calls today with happy birthday wishes!  She is so proud to say that now she is "four"!!!
 
We love you so much Ashlyn and we couldn't imagine life without your spice and cuteness!!!  We wish you a very happy birthday and pray that God will keep you safe and healthy for many, many more years!!!