Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March blessings.

March is going by fast.  It's just two more days until the first day of Spring!!!  I'm not sure how I will celebrate just yet, but I will!!!!  I love Spring time and especially when the weather starts to warm up and the ground thaws out!  Maybe I'll make my first greenhouse visit?  Just because I love greenhouses and I keep thinking about all the hundreds of seeds that have been started and already growing in there!!!  Or maybe we will all go for free ice from Rita's?  Or maybe we will watch it snow?  The weather is predicting a small amount of snow on Friday. 

Thinking of seeds, I wasn't sure how much of my garden I will plant this spring/summer.?.  I'm still uncertain but seeing fresh lettuce sprouts and filling my small raised bed with herbs and vegetables will be hard to hold back on.  I know how I am with plants and I'm sure it will totally thrill me to plant them once again.  My draw back from filling up my small raised bed with plants will be the house project.  I would love to expand the garden some day but I also know that's not even an option right now when everything else will be dug up and the back yard looking like a mess.  First things first.  I dream of next year having some new garden beds!  :)  Also, I know that we will be in and out of the remodeling house once it does finally get started but to have to come and pull weeds and keep after lots of veggies looks a little overwhelming.  I will be relying on the children's help more and more!  And, and with baby coming in July, that will keep me from hoeing the garden and working in there for a few weeks during recovery.  We are very blessed with lots of road side stands in our neighborhood and finding fresh veggies will not be hard but there is still nothing like harvesting from your own soil!  :)

Flowers will be hard to say no to this spring and summer.  I love to plant tons of petunias and annuals and pots and make everything thrive with color and full bloom during the summer months.  Getting new landscaping around the house and out back will be so nice though!  I know it will look nice when it's all finished!  That seems like a dream some days, but in reality, it will all come together. 

The house project is still the same story.  I was not understanding the whole situation until the other day and I'm still not 100% I get the plans ... but it's OK.  I thought we were waiting on the township all this time.  Truth is that we still need a stamped blueprint from Quality Design yet.  I thought we were finished with them.  Wrong.  Mike's expecting that any time!  Then their engineer needs to approve it.  Then it goes to the township.  Then to us and then to the builders!!!  Mike seems all cool with the waiting process because he thinks waiting for better working conditions outside and hoping that the shed business will pick up soon, is best.  I know it's the truth but I still can't hardly hold myself from asking each day, "Did we get the permit?"  Time is ticking right along with my pregnancy and the dreams of being settled into the new house before baby is becoming a false dream.  Most likely, baby will arrive before the house is ready to move in.  I'm trying to be OK with that and my prayer continues to be "Give me patience, God!  I know your timing will be perfect!  Don't let me get stressed out about the little or big things.  Help me to make memories as we go and stay positive!  Amen."  I know that my attitude will change the whole situation for the better if I keep thinking optimist!  The whole project will get done.  When it gets done.  Maybe not in July?  Maybe not till fall?  I must be OK with that!!!

Meanwhile, I am trying to do all I can before I get a too big baby belly!  Last week, Ashlyn and I stopped by the paint store to get a feel of colors.  I am not a natural at seeing the whole room painted before it really is painted.  It's hard for me to visualize it all.  I am really hoping that the professionals at the store will help me!!!  :)  The lady suggested that I start with picking out some flooring and granite.  Then choose the wall colors.  That sounded good to me.  So, on Saturday, Mike and I went to the flooring store to pick out some tile, hard wood, carpet and bathroom shower tile.  I know I want the feeling of something warming and soft.  Bright colors are not what I'm thinking right now.  Add some pop with accents later sounds better!  :)  We looked around the store and did find some favorites.  We were told to come back the following week and talk to their designer.  So, yesterday Ashlyn and I went back but she wasn't there.  I now have an appointment made to meet with her and go over some flooring plans!  :)  Should be fun!  We also stopped at the granite store to see some options.  Ashlyn and I picked up Mike and went right next door from the shop to take a look.  I was really hoping to find a piece that pops out to us but it didn't happen.  I have another place to go to tomorrow.  This warehouse has many, many more options.  Next, will probably be picking out faucet fixtures, etc..  And deciding on a new head board for our bed.  I'm also still waiting to hear from one of the cabinet guys pricing and hopefully we will have all that rolling along soon too.  There's so much to decide about but I feel like the more I get done now, the easier and faster the projects will actually go when the starting day arrives!!!  Plus, I have the time right now before the Spring rush begins.  It will soon be time to be working outside, going to ballgames and finishing up the last of school. 

I packed up a few more boxes from the kitchen cabinets this morning.  The laundry is being done.  Hunter is here today and so Ashlyn has a fun play mate!  I am so blessed to be feeling well at 23 weeks pregnant!  The sun is shining and even though it is chilly outside, the birds are chirping!  My man is at work.  The older kids are in a Christian school learning.  I feel baby move a lot inside my growing belly!  I am so blessed!!! 

"Thank you Lord for these many blessings!!!  I praise you today for loving me!"

Amen.

PS.  I can't wait to go to yard sales!!!  The girls and I went to an indoor clothing sale on Friday evening and found a few more items for Ashlyn.  We will be looking at the paper and apps for upcoming sales!!!  Bring it on!!!!