Friday, June 12, 2015

S*U*M*M*E*R



 
This describes us so far this summer!!!  We are loving it! 
 
LAZY DAYS:  The kids are sleeping in.  I do to some days!!!  I wish I could bottle up some sleep now and save it for when baby arrives!  Waking up twice in the night to pee is still different than getting up twice to feed a baby!  :)  Not complaining, mind you.  I am very blessed and can't wait for baby to join our family in 'real life'!  We start most days being lazy and enjoying our flexible schedule!  Hadassah is doing a great job with our laundry.  She's got an interest and with baby coming, it will be a huge help if she can go ahead and do this chore for me!  This morning I got it all done before she was even awake because starting the laundry at 10 AM instead of 7 makes a difference in a busy day!  :) 
 
 SPLISH SPLASH SPLOOSH:  We went to the pool three times this week.  It was so warm and being out splashing in the pool is the only way to stay cool.  We could stay indoors ... but why would we???  It's summer.  It's the time of year to swim and splash!  The kids are loving it!!!  We all work together in the morning and get our house chores done so we can enjoy the afternoon in the sun and water fun!  I bought Ashlyn a puddle jumper and she loves to swim all by herself now!  We met all kinds of friends at the local public pool.  The kids always have friends to swim with! 
 
Ashlyn and Alaina met at the pool again today.  What a blast they had all day long!
 Matthew swam with Tyler!

Oh dear!  I didn't buy it this time!  And Hadassah took a picture of me.  This is me with my feet propped beside the pool!  Hadassah swam with her friend Anna Mary but I didn't get a picture of them today.  Oops. 
 The girls were doing snow angels in the water.  :)
 
RAYS OF SUNSHINE:  We had a gorgeous week of lots of sunshine!!!  With thunderstorms in between, the earth is green and the garden is thriving!  The yard was nice and thick for mowing again this week.  I went shopping for flowers yesterday afternoon.  The house permits are taking so long and if we are going to be living here for most of the summer (which could change quickly when we do actually get our house permits), I need some flowers around the house.  I bought some begonias, petunias and some flowers for pots.  I hope it was a wise choice??!!  I looks a lot better already!!!  I wish I could have some mulch yet but that's more costly than some flowers.  I will wait!  I think???  :)))
 
ICE CREAM AND POPSICLES:  The kids are loving Popsicles and so when we receive our Popsicle mold through the mail any day, we will be blending and making our own!!!  I've been pinning on Pinterest some recipes we would like to use.  We went to watch Jeremy play baseball the other night and surprised him!  Even though his team lost, we all went out for ice cream.  The kids had a real blast. 
 
GIGGLES AND SMILES:  I've been hearing a lot of giggles and seeing tons of smiles while watching the children swim!  It's contagious!  I love it!
 
BURGERS/HOT DOGS/CORN ON THE COB:  Making our own burgers makes us spoiled.  Store bought and pressed burgers just don't cut it around here for us anymore!!!  Nothing beats a hand pressed burgers right off the grill!  Yum!  We love our burgers with just hamburger, Italian dressing, seasonings and bread crumbs.  Mix it all together and make patties.  Grill and enjoy!  Hot dogs are not something we eat a lot of here at our home but because we had my family over for a campfire the other week, we still have some in the fridge.  Easy and the kids like them.  The other night at the supper table Ashlyn said, "Mom, why do you not ever make corn on the cob?"  Well ... "when it's ready and done growing, we will be having lots of corn on the cob!"  It's a favorite!
 
TWINKLING STARS:  Mike loves watching thunderstorms and so the other night he was out laying in the grass with Ashlyn watching a far off storm move by.  Watching the clouds and explaining in detail thunder and lightning ... gazing at stars is way more fun for me!!! 
 
CAMPFIRE AND SMORES:  We've had a few here at our house already and roasting smores is such fun!  We had a huge camp fire last weekend with church friends!  I'm sure we will be having many more all summer long!
 
SUMMER:  It's so much fun!  It's always busy but I know baby will slow us (or at least me) down a lot when it arrives!  I'm looking forward to watching the children play more in the back yard.  Laugh on the swings.  Enjoy watermelon on the back porch!  Catch fire flies!  Watch fire works from the back lawn!!!  It's all such a wonderful, fun time of year!!!  I love it!!!