Friday, July 17, 2015

My days at home ...

Here I am.  At home.  All the time.  With the kids.  With baby dear.  Rocking in my recliner.  Feeding Austin.  Burping him.  Changing diapers.  Doing laundry.  Wiping counter tops.  Asking the kids to "do this and do that" for me.  I am trying to stay content right here in my stage of life.  To be discontent makes me miserable.  Believe me ... I've done that enough of times before!  This really is the place to be right now for me ... at home.  My time will come to get out and about.  Sometimes I need to remind myself of this. 

Time goes by so fast and with only a blink, I will be watching little Austin grow up.  He is two weeks old already.  Lena took us for his first doctor appointment on Tuesday.  (Since I'm not to drive yet.)  Austin was all scrunched up in his car seat and did great.  He is back to his birth weight!  8 lb., 6 oz..  He's 20 1/2 inches long.  The doctor was happy with his weight and how he looks!  Ashlyn rode along with us to the doctor too because she's got a skin issue!  Major!  (Why do things like this happen in inconvenient timing?  Like the dishwasher suddenly stops working.  I guess these are never good timing things?  :)  )  She started with a blister on her butt the day Austin was born.  I was in the hospital and caring for baby and myself, so her skin was taken care of by Mike and babysitters.  We tried different creams and lotions but it seemed to just get worse.  She soon had a patch of 'blisters' on her elbow and ankle.  So, the doctor took a look at it and diagnosed her with impetigo.  She's on a oral med now to cure and stop the spreading! 

We stopped for a sub at Subway and Lena grabbed a few groceries for us before heading home.  (Thanks Lena!)  It was a good feeling getting out for just a bit - even if it's to the doctor's office.  I have to be honest and say though that I was in a sweat before going out the door.  Hormones!  Checking the diaper bag to be sure I have all I needed is something I didn't do for four years!  It takes a little getting used to again!

Adjusting to baby takes some adjusting.  Sleep?  Me?  Not for long periods of time anymore.  Not for now.  Baby is getting up every three - four hours to be fed.  He had a few really good nights and a few nights where all he wanted was to be held.  I appreciate the rest he does allow me to get!  Yesterday, he took a long nap in his swing.  I had to decide if it was a nap in bed or some time in the sunshine.  Hadassah and I enjoyed the afternoon together in the back yard while Matthew and Ashlyn played "Wild Crats". 

Here are the kids this morning.  Pulling weeds for me ... 


Austin at 2 weeks old ...





We did sneak out of the house for about an hour last night to watch Mike play some ball.  They only played four innings and won!  Perfect.  Short and sweet!

Caring for Austin is a privilege and blessing! 

I love you little man!!!