Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Turning 10!

Matthew is celebrating his tenth birthday and he is loving it!!!  He was so excited for today that when he went to bed last night, he couldn't sleep.  He wanted to quick sleep and have today arrive!  :)  When morning came, he was up earlier than usual.  I wasn't surprised.  When he's got something in his head and excited, he's up early! 

Turning 10 years old is exciting for him!  I remember turning ten myself and couldn't wait to tell people that I was two hands full now!  :)  Funny how you remember some things.  Matthew asked for his normal usual breakfast ... two over light eggs on a croissant roll.  He totally loves eggs!!!  Then at noon, Mike came home and picked him up.  They spent the whole afternoon together driving golf balls and playing golf.  They ate lunch in the clubhouse.  They laughed and had a great time.  Then they went to Leacock Sports and used up Matthews gift certificates and bought a new ball bag!  He's thrilled to have a big bag now and he's got it all organized!  :)

 







Mike has a game tonight and so how perfect for Matthew to drag his big, new bag to a game! 


Gotta have the crazy photo too right?


Matthew is growing taller.  He's thin.  He's got those dark, dark brown eyes that are always so tender. Especially when Ashlyn needs his pity!  He loves to tease and gets Ashlyn screaming a lot but the two of them love each other just as much as they tease.  The other day Matthew was at Dante's house and Ashlyn scrapped her knee.  She wanted to call Matthew right away and ask for his pity over the phone.  So cute.  Matthew loves to play baseball.  He does it every single day!  He loves to be with his church friends.  He has such a tender heart.  We love him so much!  Now that he has a little brother, I can't wait to see them grow up together.  Austin is going to learn so much from Matthew!!!

Happy birthday Matthew!!!  We are so blessed to have you in our family!  Always keep Jesus #1 in your life.  Keep praying.  Keep smiling.  Keep loving your sisters and brother and family. 

I love you!!!

======================================

With a newborn baby in the house, we are not going anywhere.  I am still healing from surgery.  I am still sitting on my recliner feeding baby a lot.  I am still not doing much housework.  Hadassah is helping me out like crazy!!!  Thanks girl!  But, this does not keep the kids from asking, "What are we doing today?"  I think with us going to the pool so much in June, they are missing it.  They are missing getting out with me.  I remind them again, almost every day, that we are staying home 'again'.  Austin is too young and I'm not to drive far yet.  Just a bit longer yet!

So Hadassah is getting creative with her crafts.  They colored sugar the other evening and made art with it!


Hadassah is such a stickler with crazy poses!






 

============================================

My prayed for sunflowers!!!

On Sunday we took pictures of Austin and some family photo's right here at home.  I woke up and prayed, "God, I would love if my sunflowers in the garden would be blooming for some pictures."  I didn't think too much else about my prayer until it was time to do family shots.  We wanted to take some pictures in the field right beside us.  When we went to pose, I spied two sunflowers in the tall grass!!!  I was so excited and got goose bumps when I saw them!  The sunflowers in my garden are not blooming yet but I believe God sent these two small flowers just for me!  We posed beside the two flowers and I know I will always treasure these pictures just a bit more.  God blessed me with these flowers. 



Sent from heaven!!!  :)


Be blessed with the beauty of God's creation.  His flowers.  His gifts!!! 

Thank you God for these flowers!!!  What a special gift!!!