Friday, August 28, 2015

Growing ...

Growing is a part of life.  I'm glad.  But sometimes we tease the kids that we would want to put them in a box and keep them from growing up.  :)  Austin is growing so fast and is already 8 weeks old!  We are much more adjusted by now!  When he cries, I know what he wants.  When he's tired, he wants laid down.  He loves his nuk.  He eats about every three hours.  He sleeps till 5:00 AM!  He's stingy with his smiles.  We are waiting for him to share more of them more often!  :)

Here he is at eight weeks old! 




He loves to lay on the floor watching and playing with his toys!

Lips like his daddy.

We love him so much!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We went over to the house the other day and worked in the garden.  I miss not going out each day and using my herbs.  :/  We pulled out the rest of our red beets.  Ashlyn was my usual garden helper!  Austin napped in the Yukon while we worked.



 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 
These are the two adorable children that I get to hang out with every day!  The other two are in school now.  We color.  We play doll house.  We feed baby.  We burp baby.  We change diapers.  We play doctor a lot.  We love life!!!
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Our weather this past week was so delightful.  I would have it all year long if it were possible!!!  Seeing the summer days slip by is sad for me because I am never ready to say good bye to summer.  But, I love fall too!!!  I love the smells.  The tastes.  The colors.  The brisk in the air yet still warm in the afternoon!  Pulling out the sweaters for the evening hours is fun again.  Pumpkins!  Pumpkin pies!  Apple cider.  I know that I won't be able to hold back from putting at least some fall décor in the basement!  :) 
 
Enjoy your upcoming weekend!  We are excited to hang out as a family and play games, run around in the back yard and laugh!  The kids had a real blast last night playing a home made game in the yard with Ritchie.  They came inside at 8:30 last night not just because they were dirty and tired but because it was getting dark and time to get ready for bed. 
 
Life is going well 'in the basement' but we will be excited to see more progress with our remodeling home next week!!!