Saturday, August 8, 2015

We are moved.

Internet???  We don't have the greatest reception here in the basement and I finally decided to use my iPhone for the hot spot to let me get something blogged!  So much has happened since my last post.

We are moved.  Into the basement.  Away from home trying to make this our temporary home.

Last week was a busy, hard working week.  Every day we would pack more things.  Move more things.  Take things into storage or the house basement or out to Loopy’s or into the basement where we now live.  My family helped us like crazy!  Mom and Jody came almost every day to help me with the packing.  On Thursday, I was ready to leave my empty, echoed house, so I made a fun trip to Ross.  Just to get out.  Just to think of something else.  I wasn’t gone long but Austin and I enjoyed our little outing.  J 
Then on Friday, was the big day.  Mike didn’t go to work.  We were moving out.  Jody and Linda came and helped me pack up the few things that were still in the house and we took them to our temporary home.  Mike was busy all day moving furniture and working at home.  Matthew and Tyler finished up the pavers job.  They had it down to timing themselves.  They had a skid loader bucket filled with pavers in 3 ½ minutes.  They were on a mission and they worked hard!  Morgan and Hadassah helped load and unload things.  The little girls entertained themselves.  By 11 AM, we were all loaded and heading for dads.  There we started to put things in place in the basement.  I tried to not go fast or over do it.  Austin was just over four weeks old.  I was so blessed to have Marlene come and take Austin home with her for a few hours so I could get some organizing done!  Thanks so much Marlene!  You will never know how much I appreciated that!  Mom Lapp made us all lunch and we enjoyed the break!  We got the kids ‘rooms’ in place and found places for their clothes.  Jody hung up a curtain for the girls room.  She organized their closet.  I was so happy for help!  Many thanks Jody!

Many boxes got packed, loaded up for the basement and then taken over.

Matthew and Tyler working the skid loader and finishing up the pavers.

Hadassah and Morgan helping too!

Here's the basement kitchen.  We really have it nice here and its a wide open space!

Hadassah learned how to light the Amish lights and she's organizing her 'room'.
 
At 2 PM, she took the girls along home with her.  Matthew and Tyler were at our house.  I was able to sit down and relax for an hour!  It recharged me for when Mike would come with the bigger furniture.  He came at 3:15 with the fridge, beds and my recliner.  Ritchie was helping him and together they moved lots of furniture. 
Jody and her family came back to the basement and brought us subs for supper.  Then Jason, John Mike and Tony helped Mike at 7 PM move the last of the house furniture.  Mike was so, so happy to have John Mike’s skills with cabinetry because he tore out all the kitchen cabinets that night!!!  Mim came and gave me company.  It was 11 PM by the time we got to bed that night but we all collapsed into our beds tired and very thrilled with all that got done in one day.  Ashlyn did shed a few tears when we tucked her in because she wanted to sleep in her own house. 
Saturday was another busy day.  There were still boxes setting around to organize.  Mike had things to do at the house.  My mom came and cleaned all the basement windows and cleaned up for me!  Adjusting is going well.  Getting into a new rountine of things will take a few days, maybe even a few weeks.?.  We enjoyed a campfire down at Ervins that night.
Sunday morning we woke up happy to have a ‘day of rest’!!!  J  Mike, Austin and I went for a short walk and then we all went to church.  I absolutely love, love the worship time at church and singing praise to God was soathing for my soul!  We enjoyed the fellowship meal and company after the service!  David came home with Matthew and Hadassah went home with Leanne.  The boys went down to the creek and caught cray fish and cooked them.  And yes, ate them.  The girls swam at Leanne’s house.  The rest of us napped and relaxed!  That night, we drove over the house and had a family prayer time before the remodeling project starts on Monday.  (Friday morning I did have tears thinking about all the memories we made together in our home and now things will never be the same.  We hope they will be better!!!)
Monday was corn day!  Timing wasn’t  exactly perfect but we got to do the corn when it’s ready!  Austin did not have a good morning and all he wanted was me holding him.  Hadassah was off to volleyball camp, so I didn’t have her help.  We had tons of laundry that we loaded up to do at moms.  I needed to stop at the grocery store for a few quick things and finally got to moms.  We did over 700 ears of corn.  I helped bag but mostly did my laundry at moms and watched them work.  My incision was tender from my busy week last week!  :/  Austin was great the rest of the day.  He slept and slept! 





Guys showed up at our home for the first day of work Monday at lunch time.  They broke up the black top and dug in the dirt.  It’s exciting to see the project finally get started!  Mike and Matthew were working there awhile that evening.   









Doing cart wheels in the grass.

Lot's of dirt in the back yard now!


I'm caring for Austin while watching Mike work.  This is just the start of many nights of work and time spent at the house.

So much for the nice grass! 
 
Volleyball and soccer camps were going on at school this week too.  I missed the kids help in the morning more than anything and that's exactly why I'm not ready for school to start yet.  Hadassah loved volleyball camp though and Matthew loved the soccer practice!

Austin is 5 weeks old now and drinking 4 oz. of formula.  I am ready to have a full night of sleep but he says 'not yet'.  :(  He's growing right before my eyes and is getting into a routine with his naps and feedings!!!  Yes!

I hope to keep blogging but am realizing that my phone gets really warm and the pictures take really long to download.  I'll keep trying!  :)

Life in the basement is going well.  Praise the Lord for that!!!  We were here for one week already!!!  Let the project keep rolling!!!!  :)