Friday, March 11, 2016

Enjoying the warmer weather!

 
 
So much has happened since I blogged last.  It's time to catch up!
 
Mike is back from Arizona.  He had a wonderful time golfing!  We are so happy to have him back home with us again!  He is now darker than us and has a great tan from being in that Arizona heat for five days.
 
The weather just did a major flip flop here in our county!  It's warm and so "springy"!!!  We just simply can't get enough of these warmer, gorgeous days!!!  Yesterday, we made a trip to Lapp Valley Farms for our milk and eggs and Ashlyn and I both got ice cream cones!  The Yukon tempts said 80 degrees!!!  And it's on March 10!!!  Bring on an early Spring!!!
 
Shakia came for awhile the other day and they enjoyed the muddy outdoors together.  We still don't have our grass seeded!  So any rain or dampness makes for muddy boots!!!  We hope to get grass sown soon!!!
 

Austin has been a total bear this past week!!!  Each day I would pray for God's strength to get me through!  Why?  TEETHING!!!  Something fierce!!!  He got two bottom teeth and I think he's working on two more!  He has a cough and runny nose on top of it.  One morning he was running a slight fever and so miserable.  All he wants is for me to hold me.  I am so ready for his smiles and happy self back!

I gave him a cucumber slice the other day to see if he would eat it because he refuses his bottle and nuk at times because of his sore gums.  Guess what?  He's just like the others and likes cucumbers!

 


Hadassah is liking the 'shorts and tee shirt' weather too!  Basketball outside ... yes, please!

Matthew found his little wonder spot for right now outside.  We have a pile of left over scraps for the house and he plays around it.  Shorts and tanks for him too!

We need to move our garden and so Mike started the plowing process!  I'm not sure how big I want to go with it yet but it will be time to plant some veggies soon!!!  Ashlyn and I are so excited!  :)

Like I said ... muddy boots!

On Tuesday we had sisters day and went HomeGoods, Marshals and Hobby Lobby!!!  We all love these stores!!!  Then we went to Applebees to eat lunch.  Austin was a total mess ALL day long and whining!  We took turns holding him so we can all eat some food.  Some of the ladies got cheeseburger quesadillas and I thought that sounds like a great idea to make for supper.  I had 'burgers on the grill' on for our supper menu but instead ... I made cheeseburger quesadillas for my family.  Everyone liked them!!!!  I will be doing this some more!

With the spring/summer tempts with us all week long, things are blooming and sprouting fast!!!  Today, I saw trees with pink blooms on them and getting ready to bud spring flowers.  Ashlyn loves dandelions and she is usually so disappointed that we don't have any growing in our lawn.  (ha ha ... thank goodness.)  She already found two growing midst our unseeded and torn up lawn.  I have a feeling she will find plenty this year around here!  Her and baby Kate were enjoying the lovely weather on the front porch!!!
 

And mentioning the front porch, the holiday greens were taken away and replaced with spring wreaths and spring flowers.  I just love spring time!!!

 I went back to the greenhouses and bought us some of these!!! 

Ashlyn pushed Austin around on the stroller while I planted my pots.

This little man is trying to get through this teething thing all week long and I finally went for some teething tablets.

Ashlyn was supper excited when I told her she can pick out some seeds for us to plant!

Front porch flowers ...
 
Gotta love those pussy willows!
 
This little man wants to stand up all the time!

This is a quick peek of our day out on Tuesday with mom and sisters!!!  Austin was such a mess and when we were at Marshals he liked the mirror for a few minutes.  :)))

Here's another peek at an outing with my little ones.  I tried Starbucks Smoked Butterscotch Latte and ... it's sweet but yummy!  :)  I was so happy to let the window down a bit while we got groceries so the Yukon wouldn't be so warm we got back into it to go home.  It's the beginning of March and we are having record high tempts!!!  Love it!!!

Another peek ... we went for milk and eggs at Lapp Valley and got ice cream cones because the Yukon said 80 degrees and because wanted to eat ice cream!  :)

Hadassah is our busy teenager!  She just finished in 4th place with her volleyball team in a league.  Volleyball evening games are now over.  She is on Year Book Staff at school.  She is mastering algebra after many determined moments to figure it all out!  She loves to be with her friends and hang out!  She comes home from school and digs into her homework so she can do other events.  Her first soccer practice was on Thursday.  I can't wait to watch her play this sport!

And this was our event for today ... going to a Amish Farmer's Market.  In West Chester.  Not too far.  With cousins.  We ate good.  Pretzels.  Donuts.  Watermelon.  We saw big chocolate bunnies.  We ate chicken wings.  The whole afternoon was fun even when our babies were tired!  :)  Thanks Mindy for inviting us to go with you today!
 
 
Austin's two little teeth!

He sits beside Ashlyn while she plays games on the iPad.  So cute!

Ashlyn wanted to plant some of our seeds we got the other day, so we put some dirt in the containers that my pansies came in and we planted some.

She loves this kind of stuff!!!  Me too.  :)

We now have our seeds in the garage right inside a window.  We can't wait to see them grow!!!


One more thing before I go to bed ... I am so happy to have fresh basil on my kitchen counter!  It's an herb that I can't ever get enough of.  I can't wait to plant some in the garden!  I will be so happy when I cut this herb and mix it into our foods!  It's so tasty and yummy.  I love the smell too!!!  I love basil!!!