Saturday, March 5, 2016

Saturday ...

It's another Saturday.  At home.  With the kids.  Without hubby. 

We are really missing Mike as he went on his yearly golf outing with Hailey Paint.  He left on Tuesday and comes back home tomorrow.  We are so ready for him at home again.  With us.  He adds so much humor and love to our family.  The kids love to wrestle with him on the floor each night after he comes home from work!  I love supper time with him where we tell each other about our days.  Chat.  Talk heart to heart.  I miss so much Mike's help with the kids ... especially when I am trying to get out the door and off to an event.  Hadassah was a little frustrated when she was waiting for us all on Thursday night.  She had a volleyball game and we all went to watch her play.  It was fun but having to get a baby's jacket and shoes and cap on, tie the toddlers shoes and get the son to stop teasing the girls and get into the Yukon ... all with out their daddy's go, go, go ... I made it.  :)  I miss Mike!  We all miss him!

Last night, I took the kids out for pizza and then we came home and snuggled on the couches and watched a movie.  I had baby sleeping in his crib and Ashlyn went with me to bed because they both woke up with coughs and runny noses.  I didn't want Ashlyn's cough during the night to wake up Austin but instead it was waking me up!!!  The night was rough!  I kept waking up from Austin wanting his nuk to Ashlyn coughing in bed to getting our teenager off to bed at 1 AM!!!  I couldn't believe it when I came out to the kitchen at 1:00 AM and saw she was on the iPad!!!  Get to bed!!!  Her and Matthew were watching another movie after I went to bed and she wasn't real tired and figured she would check Instagram!  (I totally forget those days when I wasn't tired past 8:00 PM!!!!!)  :)

Early this morning, I finally moved to the couch to get some peaceful sleep.  I couldn't help myself when Ashlyn came out and snuggled with me at 6 AM!  I wrapped my arms around her and held her close.  My children are so precious to me!  Morning came way to fast and my hour nap this afternoon was very much needed!  I am praying and hoping that tonight will be much more restful!  Say a prayer for Ashlyn and Austin ... they both are coughing and have runny noses!!!

The sunshine and the Lord today gave me energy today!  The morning sun is rising early and the daylight is staying longer each evening.  Spring is coming and we are so ready!!!  I put on my rain boots today and walked around our muddy outdoors cleaning up a bit.  There was a wheelbarrow and some trash lying outback.  Sticks and plywood here and there.  A basketball and footballs were tossed about.  It is going to take work to get this place cleaned and looking nicer this Spring!  Getting grass seeded is high on the list!  We barely have any grass left from all the construction and that means there is so much mud around here.  I feel like a piff when I clean off Ginger's paws each time we leave her outside and then back in, but it is necessary!!!  We also have our names in for more concrete to be poured!  Front walks and a back porch!!!  Then pavement on the driveway and landscaping and the garden moved!  It seems like a long, expensive list.  It will look so nice when it's all done. 

The Yukon needed the car wash this afternoon and I went out alone.  I couldn't help myself but make a quick stop at the greenhouse while I was out.  I love greenhouses and seeing all the color and growing plants energize me and tells me that Spring is coming!!!!  It was full of pinks and reds and yellows and greens!  I walked around and enjoyed the smells and growth!  I want some of these for my front porch but decided to wait a bit longer yet.

 
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
 
Our Little Man now has two tiny teeth on the bottom gums!  He loves to stand by himself and dig in his toy box!  He's growing!


I was missing Mike today and decided to make cookies to help fight the "miss you bug"!  :)  The cookies turned out wonderful and tasted great with a glass of milk!  Nothing beats good ol' chocolate chip cookies.

I love it when the kids come into the kitchen with their noses sniffing!  The warm cookies filled the house with a great smell!  And taste!


I'm off to entertain my little ones!  Hadassah is at a birthday party and early to bed would be wonderful!!!

I'm ready for hubby to come back home!  Missing you Hun!