Monday, March 21, 2016

Spring is here!!!

The first day of Spring is never hard for me to forget!!!  March 20 ... my sisters birthday!  Happy Birthday Jody!!!

Spring is the one season that we CANNOT wait for!  Why does winter seems much longer than all the other seasons???  The other seasons we seem to hang on to for dear life and wish they would never end!!!  We love, love Spring, Summer and Fall.  Winter comes at the end of our favorites but making snowmen and slowing life down a bit is a must too. 

Spring means "growth"!  Ashlyn and I really get excited about buying seeds and planting flowers.  We love greenhouses!  I love to sit on the mower and mow the lush, green grass!!!  And that is why I was excited this morning to see the 'work crew' pull in and pull out their shovels, rakes, and wheelbarrows!  With all the renovations going on last fall, our outside needs a whole new make over!!!  We are beginning with sowing grass.  Then we hope the front walks and back patio get poured!  Then landscaping and mulch!!!  It looks like a huge project and again ... it's too big for me to do!  As much as I would like to be doing the prep work for mulching, the flower beds that are still here are not even functional.  I am confident that after a few hard working days with the landscaping crew ... things will be looking lovely!!! 


I did mow a few strips of grass on Friday.  I hopped on the mower (that was still in our disgusting barn) and backed it up.  Well, only a few inches before plop!  I didn't think about it that with the barn still in the field, it would be a bigger dip pulling the mower out.  The back wheels on the mower just spun.  I called Mike and asked for help.  Not able to come home right then.  I called Jody ... eating lunch.  I called my dad ... Yes!  He was out doing errands and was able to stop in to help me.  He pulled in and out jumped Dad, Jason and LaVern!  Wow, it didn't take them long to have me on my way to mowing our lawn! 



The only grass we have to mow is around the swing set, a tiny bit by the gazebo and some out front.  It was so windy and dirt and dust were blowing terrible in my eyes!  It only took a short time to mow this little bit but it looks green where I mowed!  :)

The garden is another project being slowly worked on.  Mike took Mom's little tiller through the new garden grounds but it needed something more.  Leon Lapp came and took his bigger, deeper tiller through the dirt!  I stopped by the hardware store and got some organic fertilizer and lime.  I would love to have a picket fence around the new garden grounds and then get some seeds planted!  Again, this project will be for my man to help me with!  Exciting! 

We would love to make a little garden for Ashlyn too!  Her playhouse needs to be put in the right place and then we will plow her a tiny garden!!!  She will love it and it excited to see her seeds in the garage grow!  We should have some pretty sunflowers this summer!!! 

Our seeds are growing!!!


I'm so happy to say that Spring is here!!!