Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Swimming again!!!

It's what we do!  It's what we love!  It's giving us beautiful tans and keeping us cooled off.  It's been one hot day after the next.  It's summer!  And, it's all spelled out in one word ... S-W-I-M-M-I-N-G!!!

We hit the pools again today even though we were there yesterday!!!  Spoiled?  Just a bit!  I think we have the routine down pat???  Sometimes I wish it would flow a little better but we are working on that!  This morning the kids were all fighting who gets what seat in the Yukon on the way to the pool.  They holler out "shot gun" or "bucket seat" all the time.  So as I was packing up our pool foods and things, they started bickering about seats.  I finally said that whoever gets the seats first is who sits in them.  I'm telling you they all went racing to the garage.  Hadassah was nice enough to come back inside and grab the cooler and towels.  But that's when Matthew went for the front seat.  We had a big mess to iron out before heading to the pool.  Sometimes I do wonder if these days will ever by pass me or when I will stop splitting fights for the front seats!  For now, it's my real life.  I will keep teaching to be kind.  To be respectful.  To put others in front of yourself.  I pray that they will get this into their heads and more importantly into their hearts!

We did make it to the pool with everyone in their earned seats!  We had a beautiful afternoon of swimming with sun and a few clouds.

Mom treated the kids today to ice cream.  They all had so much swimming together!  Thanks Jody and kids for joining us at the pool today!


Again, Austin loved his ice cream.
 
I took a short drive and Austin went to sleep.  He napped in the shade.

Ashlyn has found a new fun thing to do while swimming.  Wearing goggles.  She wore Matthew's and loved it.








Meg and Mel liked the pool too!

Cousin time is special.

Gotta have a snack break!!!

Our cute "Little Man"!!!


Now this was from yesterday's swimming.  Hadassah was helping Ashlyn in the big pool practicing on swimming alone.  She's trying.  But mostly she swims around wearing her puddle jumper.




Austin loves the pool and water! 
 

And then after a hot day of swimming ... Matthew comes home and fills the tub up with water and straps on his goggles.  When I asked him what the goggles are doing by the tub he said, "I was hot and so I swam in the tub."  :)

This was Ashlyn and Matthew this morning.  I started the sprinkler to water our landscaping and new grass.  They were off riding on the jeep and then rode through the water!  They had a blast!


We are enjoying the hot days at the pool!  Summer is so much fun!!!