Friday, December 16, 2016

Chocolates, cookies, nativity and 50's party!

Ever since I started with Instagram, I sometimes forget to blog about our pictures.  I love to have pictures tell the story and so this might be a longer post!  :)
 
On Monday, Jody, Mom and Mommy D. came to my house to do our annual chocolate covered crackers, peanut butter balls and cups and sand tarts!!!  The day was fun and Ashlyn even got to help us!!!  Now we have plenty of candies for our upcoming banquet and parties! 
 
Jody likes to make some truffles for their family.


 




Ashlyn loves sand tarts and so this was fun for her to make some of her own!!!  They all turned out with red sprinkles because I didn't realize that's the only color I had until we were ready to bake them!  Ugh!  They really taste great though!!!!
 



Honey Brook Community Church, where we attend, had their walk through Nativity last weekend!  The weather was cold but the message of Jesus' birth was wonderful to see come alive!!!  The actors did a great job!!!  Ashlyn was my buddy as we went from scene to scene.  We left Austin at my mom's because it was too cold for him for an hour long walk through event!  Mike helped direct cars all three nights.  Matthew was a shepherd.  Hadassah was a flag girl in the Herald Palace scene one night.  Everyone enjoyed this meaningful event!!!



And of course we enjoyed the snack at the very end!!!

Ashlyn has been busy making Christmas cards for her friends!  :)


On Tuesday night we went to a 50's party that Bryan and Karen hosted.  I'm not kidding when I say that we had the time of our lives!!!  We laughed to tears!  We played games.  We ate a delicious meal!  ALL DRESSED IN 50'S STYLE!!!!!  Mike and I went Monday to Goodwill to see if we could find any attire!  Then Tuesday afternoon, Ashley did my hair in 50's style!  By the time the party began we where ready!!!  :)))

(Ashlyn liked my hair but she wanted to do a funny picture together.  :) )

And here are the ladies!  Don't we look hip???  :)

Mike and I won the best dressed couple prize!!!  :)

 
Phone pictures are great sometimes ... but not for an event like this!  I just can't hardly stand it we have terrible pictures to show for such a fun night!!!  But, here we are as couples!






And the men!

We totally had a jolly good time!!!
 
On our way there we dropped the little kids off at Matt's and stopped in to show Mike's parents our attire.  They kept saying that when we do this, they want to see us.

Thanks so much Bryan and Karen and the other couples for such a fun night!!!  We had a blast!

I have a new favorite holiday drink!  Polar Berry Mocha!  It's a blackberry & white chocolate latte.  So yummy!

Last night was Lapp Structures Banquet.  This is a time for us to say thank you to the employees and office staff.  They also thanked Mike for his hard work!  They bought him some more biking gear! 

Linda put together a booklet of old brochures and order forms.  Lapps is having a 30 Anniversary next year!


I took Ashlyn and Austin out to the local greenhouse the other day to see the indoor train and I just can't help myself but grab my camera this time of year!!!  Making Christmas memories is so much fun!








 
There's only nine more days till Christmas!!!