Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas vacation has begun!!!

Let's give a big shout out loud and say "It's Christmas Time!!!!"
 
Today, Christmas vacation began as soon as the parties were finished up at school!!!  I helped with the kindergarten party and I think their little hands and smiles are so cute as they make a craft and eat some yummy snacks!!!  Austin even got to join the fun!
 


We made the cupcakes yesterday afternoon and now today we sang happy birthday twice!!!  Once to Miss. Peterson (her birthday is tomorrow) and again for baby Jesus!  Because that is really why we are celebrating Christmas!  Because of His birth!



This little hat I have worn for three out of our four children!  Every time I get so many compliments and it really adds fun and humor into the holiday!!!  Plus, if the kid is adorable, of course everyone will say, "Oh, how cute!"  :)))  And by the way, he likes popcorn!


 Ashlyn and I prepared a craft for the class to do today!  She loved this and the kids did a great job making a nativity scene!



He wanted to play with the glue and paper and help himself to whatever caught his eye but we managed to keep things under control!

Then we served snack!  Such fun foods and so pretty!

Um, then he discovered the headphones.  "No, they are not ours and no you may not ruin these!"


Ashlyn brought us home a card the other day and insisted that we open it right then and there.  So, Mike and I did!  It was wrapped up nicely and inside was a homemade card from her! 

Matthew's class went caroling for some older folks this morning.  Hadassah's school had their festivities yesterday!  We hope others were blessed!

Yesterday, Ashlyn did a prerun on the craft we did in her class.  She loved this!


The house is cleaned.  Fresh greens are laid here and there!  We are ready for Christmas!


Matthew played another game of basketball but this time the other team was better!  Good job at playing hard boys and making an effort to get more baskets!!! 

This is my Bible verse for the day!  I have a phone app that gives me a verse and devotional every day and I loved the promise and verse today!!!  Another great reminder of why we celebrate Christmas!

And lookie here!!!  I finally got my very own copy of this magazine!  I've asked at stores.  I've stopped at a few stores.  Everyone said they were sold out!  So, I ordered this online the other day and I am thrilled that it arrived right at Christmas vacation!!!  I can't wait to dig into this magazine!!!!  It was so cute when we got the mail today!  Ashlyn always opens all our Christmas mail!  She loves getting mail and cards for herself and so opening up tons of cards is great fun for her!  I told her she may open up my package today and see what's inside!  When she pulled out the magazine she said, "Oh look!  This looks like the fixer upper people!"  :)))

I guess you know now that we watch the show "Fixer Upper!"  :)


I made one last grocery stop this afternoon and grabbed a few more seafood foods for our meal tomorrow night!  Our family is going to enjoy some good food together and we are excited about our upcoming weekend and days ahead!!!

PS. I am so glad to have that nasty stomach bug out of our house and done with!!!

Stay warm!  Happy holidays!!!