Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas with the Lapps and Dienners!

We woke up Saturday morning with icy roads and the weather outside brought the feeling of Christmas!!!  It was a fun way to start the day knowing that we did have a Christmas gathering today!  My day started out earlier than I really wanted it too though.  Austin woke up crying at 5 AM and Mike got up and put him in bed with us.  A minute later Austin was sounding like he was going to throw up.  I jumped up and took him quickly into the bathroom.  Him and I went out to the couch and tried to rest through many attempts of him trying to throw up.  He only actually brought something up once and by 10 AM, he seemed to be feeling better! So, we packed up our things and headed to Mike's parents. 
 
When we arrived, mom had the table set up so nice!  Her candles were burning and the food was ready to eat!  When Steve's got there, poor Celine and Sophia were not feeling well.  And, Javon had the runs.  After lunch, I suddenly had to lay down from a stomach ache.  I prayed and hoped it wasn't what the others had!  It only lasted for about an hour and my stomach felt a lot better but I took special care of what I ate the rest of the day. 
 
We started to play games.  RISK was an old game and that got replayed.  We will also and forever be playing Settlers.  :)  We also played Now You Have It, Now You Don't with the adults.  Steve's didn't stay for the evening.  Their kids were still not feeling the best.  Then, Hunter started to throw up.  Twice.  It seemed to go from person to person! 
 
We sat and chatted till 10 PM!  The was fun.  The food was excellent!  I just wish everyone would have felt much better!!!
 

Mom's red winter berries looked so pretty with the icy on them.  And Austin ate lots of pretzels to help keep his stomach from being hungry and hurting.

 

Time to open presents.



His dream gift ... a bat and ball, plus a tool set.


Mommy Lapp made a thick blanket for Ashlyn and Sophia!  So cute!


Matthew was given a sleeping bag.

Hadassah got a thick blanket for her bed.

Then on Sunday we gathered with the Dienner Family!

We play lots of games!!!  We missed Daudy D. not being there!!!  It was so neat to have pillows made out of his shirts and all the children got on!  Daudy will forever live in our hearts!

Look who came to visit me!!!  This is the first time ever that I got to watch Blue Birds from my kitchen window!!!  I love it!  They are feasting on the blue bird worms and fresh suit I made for them!!!  They are so pretty!



Add a cardinal to the birds and it's magic!!!!  I love this!






 
We are excited about Christmas only being five days away!!!  We are busy finishing up gifts and buying food for the next week!  The Christmas music is still playing non stop!!!  One thing I do wish happens yet!  We have been hit with the stomach bug and I hope that will be out of our house by this weekend!!!
 
Stay warm!  Stay healthy!  Eat your veggies!!!  :)
 
And here is some Christmas photos to bring on some cheer and gladness!!!  :)
 




Merry Christmas!