Friday, January 6, 2017

Family meeting in 2016.

Every Thanksgiving Day, we all sit around the table and discuss some family goals.  I always make some notes and because I print out this blog into a book each year, it's so much fun looking back at our plans, goals, photo's and life!  So, I'm going to share some thoughts of our annual family meeting. 

THANKFUL FOR:

Mike - Another platform to do what's right in our country.  Freedom.  So that we can be able to shine our light wherever we are freely!!!

Lori - Health.  For without healthy bodies, EVERYTHING changes.  Our daily routines.  Our attitudes.  Food.  I'm so grateful that we all are healthy!!!

Hadassah - Thankful for the people who help us.  Teachers.  Minsters.  Police officers.  Parents.

Matthew - For our whole family.  Family gatherings. 

Ashlyn - Mom & Dad. 

Austin (with a little help from Ashlyn) - Parents.  Blanket & Nuk.

GOALS:

1.) Daily scripture reading!
2.) Family Fun Night.
3.) Do more for others.
4.) Speak kindly to each other.  It's amazing how the atmosphere stays so much more peaceful if we just talk in a kinder manner to each other. 

The last goal has me in the spotlight!  It's so easy to start barking commands at the kids when they know to hang up their jackets.  Not just throw them on the floor.  Or to put their shoes in their drawers and not to let them lay in the laundry area.  Or when the toys need picked up.  Or the table needs to be set for supper.  I find myself way too often just sternly enforcing these things, when really, all I need to do is say it in a nice way!

I'm trying!!!

It's good for us to talk about goals as a family!!!  We need reminders.  We need to encourage each other.  It makes a stronger bond between the kids and parents!!!