Friday, January 6, 2017

Winter-ific!

The snow arrived for us this winter already!!!  And we are excited to have it!!!

Last night, as I was sitting in my recliner checking emails and Instagram, I clicked on my weather app to see the upcoming forecast.  Mike's been saying that it's suppose to be so cold and freezing tempts all weekend.  Well, he is right!  But as I looked on my phone screen, it said that it was snowing outside!!!  I whipped my head over to look out the window and sure enough, it was!!!  I shouted out the fun news to the kids and they were happy to go see for themselves!

It snowed most of the night!  This morning I was wishing for a two hour school delay but it never came true.  It was OK though because it got us all up to see the sun come up and shine on the freshly fallen, gorgeous snow!!!

I've said so many times, "If it's gonna be cold, it may as well snow!"  I'm sticking to my quote!  Winter is the longest season for me and so having fresh snow adds so much beauty and splendor!!!  Now, I'm not the one that gets all excited about dressing up warm and head out to play in the snow.  I mean, I will if I have too.  No, I would so much rather just watch from the window and hope someone else shovels the driveway!!!  :)))

Here is our winter wonderland!

Ashlyn was excited to finally be able to wear her snow boots to school! 


Brrrr!

Hadassah called me about 20 minutes after they all got on the bus and said that the bus was freezing up and they needed to let it sit for awhile.  Only a teenager would then ask to have me come pick them up!!!  I listened but didn't fall for the trick.  I'm sure the bus driver got it under control.  But on the other hand, I'm not surprised that the bus was freezing!  It's freezing cold outside!  I texted her about thirty minutes later and they were on their way again!


I just can't believe all the pretty birds right outside my kitchen window!  I love birds but never took much of an effort to feed them because we always have cats and the birds just never seemed to come around.  Until now!  I put out some homemade suit.  I have worms out for the bluebirds.  I just love watching them eat and perch right outside my kitchen window!!!



Gorgeous!!!

Watching the snow from the kitchen this morning was wonderful!  I have a candle burning.  The laundry is getting done.  And I'm still listening to Christmas music because I never get tired of it!!!  I hauled our Christmas tree out the back door the other day and set it in my flower beds right out back.  I'm hoping it will be a place for the birds to perch!  Now, with all this pretty snow on it, it's so pretty!  I'm also happy to have no more pine needles on the living room carpet!!!




I decided to bake a batch of cookies today.  I didn't get to making soft ginger cookies over the holidays and plus we had plenty of other sweets around.  But now the smell of baked ginger is lingering in the house and the cookies taste great!!!  Just ask Austin!  :)))





Go away runny noses and colds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then they all got dipped in white chocolate!!!  So yummy!!!

***************************************

Mike and I got to watch a Flyers game in Phillie the other night with the King family and our 50's party friends!!!  (Is that a new title for us?  Maybe???)

Uncle John got us all tickets and we met him and Kathy at the Flyers game for a party for Kathy!!!  (Four couples all going to a Flyers game in one van is a joy ride of it's own!!!)  Their kids were there in the suite too and it was so fun!  It's been years since we were at a hockey game and even though I didn't know any players anymore, I still know the game!!!  Hockey brings back so many fun memories for Mike and I!!!  I watched plenty of games in my teenage years as Mike played goalie!!!  I loved every bit of it!!!

Happy Birthday, Kathy!!!  We are so blessed to be friends and family!!!


************************

The forecast is saying cold and wintry for the upcoming weekend!!!  It sounds good to me and what fun to be indoors drinking coffee and tea while the outdoors displays God's beauty of winter!!!