Thursday, January 26, 2017

Hadassah turns 15!

 
 
Hadassah turns 15 today!!!  How can this be???  I clearly remember seeing that line on my pregnancy test!  The joy and emotions of being pregnant with our first baby was wonderful!!!  And then we blink.  Now, she is a young woman.  Beautiful inside and out!  She thrives on a busy schedule.  School is a great place for her to show her intelligence and leadership skills.  Sports always brings out the determination needed to win games!!!  Right now she's deep into basketball and volleyball!!! 
 
And that brings me to her schedule today.
* Quietly I gave her her birthday gift before heading out the door early this morning.
* Basketball practice began at 6:30 AM!!!  Yes, that means early this morning she was at the school gym practicing lay ups and game strategies!!!
* High School.
* An after school basketball game.
* She needs to leave promptly after the basketball game because she has a volleyball game later tonight!!! 
* Celebrate her birthday!!!
 
This girl has a crazy life at times!  Thursday's are especially busy with basketball practice being early and volleyball being late!  Mike and I try hard to join the kids with all their sporting events!!!  They do really love it when they hear us cheering and showing our support.  But, today we are going to spare "little man" from driving an hour to the basketball game and then an hour back home.  Plus expect him to be decent at the volleyball games later tonight!!!  Sometimes I need to pick my battles with juggling being a mom of the teenage life AND the toddler tantrums!!!  Naps for our little guy are important these days!!!  :))))
 
Watching Hadassah grow up is fun.  I'm glad God didn't have us in the same stage of life for real long.  Hadassah is excited about being with the youth group more.  She loves her friends and hanging out!  Just pray that Mike and I can keep up!  :)))
 
 





There are things that remind me of myself in Hadassah.  I loved my a busy life too back in those carefree, teenage years!  Some days I wish for them back and then other days when I see her high school homework sprawled on the kitchen counter, I'm glad to be out of that stage!!!  :)))  Watching her grow up is a blessing right before my eyes!!!  I can't believe that she is now taller than me.  We can share each others clothes.  She has a job!  She's learning how to save, spend and tithe with her earnings.  I am so happy that she has a father that leads her in many of these things in her life right now!  Parenting the teenage years look both exciting and terrifying!!!  Exciting to see Hadassah turn into a young lady with a soft heart for Jesus!  Terrifying because the world has a much different set of morals and expectations than us Christians do!  So, to instill the word of God in our kids and teens is a must!!!  Being surrounded with good friends and a school that teaches kids to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul and a church that preaches the word of God for what is really is, is huge!!!
   

There are things in Hadassah that are similar to Mike as well!!!  These two love a good debate.  They watch movies.  Leadership skills are wonderful!  Both are deep thinkers!  I love them so much!!!


Normally, we let the birthday girl pick a place to eat dinner tonight.  But because Hadassah is maxed out with sports and school today, that will happen this weekend! 

Happy Birthday, Hadassah!!!  I am so proud of you and proud that you are our daughter!!!