Monday, January 9, 2017

The chill factor ...

The temperature has dropped and it truly is winter conditions!!!  We have tempts in the teens and a little bit of snow on the ground.  I am so glad and blessed to have a warm house to hibernate in on these cold days!!!

Matthew was away all weekend and he is usually the one that bundles up and goes in the snow.  He gets Ashlyn all talked into freezing together and building snowmen and throwing snowballs.  But, because he was at a cabin with his friend Christopher and David, it was up to Ashlyn to go out on her own. 

Matthew had a great time with these boys!!!
 
No snowmen were created.  Not yet.  Only cups of snow where brought inside to eat.  :)))  However, Hunter came over for awhile and these two ventured outside!  They play great and love to be together!!!




Always gotta do a silly picture!


She loves snow.
 
She filled up a cup of snow for her and Austin and then they ate it!

 
The winter sport for our family is basketball and volleyball.  Matthew had another game on Friday night. 


Austin was cheering and clapping for Matt!

I am becoming a bird watcher!!!  :)))


 
We had the Riehl's Christmas dinner yesterday.  It was another day of emotions and tears because now we are without Daudy Riehl!  All the great grandchildren gave roses to their grandparents.  We sang lots of Christmas and heaven songs.  Of course, the food was fantastic and the house was packed out!!!  I am so blessed to be able to call these wonderful people family!!!
 


 
Here our forecast for this upcoming week!!!  Freezing and then warmer tempts!!!  How will I not get Spring fever on Thursday!!??!! 

I made my first visit at Speckled Hen on Saturday.  I needed to drop things off at Fashion Cents and because I've wanted for a long time already to go to this little coffee shop, I stopped in.  I ordered my first London Fog!  It was good.  Tea in a latte!  I will get this again!!!


With all of our Christmas gatherings now over and winter has settled in, I am ready to sit down and read my Magnolia Story book.  Drink more coffee and tea.  Study more scripture!  (I ordered myself another Bible and it will be in the NIV version.  I love, love, love my KJ version Bible still.  I've had it ever since high school.  I have many notes and highlights in it.  But, sometimes I wish for another version.  I'm excited to have my new Bible shipped to me this week!)  Listen to relaxing music.  Maybe, just maybe, I'll get my scrapbooking out!!!???!!!  I have a puzzle waiting for me too!  Plus, two little kiddoes here at home with me today, two in school (well, three on some days), laundry to constantly be washing and folding, a house to try to keep clean and basketball games to attend!!!  We are wishing for more snow in the near future and Mike and I can't wait for winter date nights and outings together!  (We had a great time on Friday night celebrating John JR's 40'th birthday!)  Winter time is usually my longest season and I'm always VERY ready to have Spring arrive but somehow I'm getting the feeling that this winter will go by quickly!!!

Let it snow!!!  Let it snow!!!  Let it snow!!!