Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Sweet.

Valentine's Day is such a sweet celebration!!!  I love that there is a day on our national calendar declaring "love"!!!  We need so much of it in our fallen world!  We need love to stand strong in our homes!  So many families are falling apart and husbands and wives don't love each other any more.  Why???  What Mike and I have found to be very important in our marriage is to pray together!  Communicate about everything!  Yes, everything!!!  Talk about the pet peeves and work on making them better or even go away!  Be on the same page with parenting!  Take time for each other!  Romance.  Never stop dating!  Respect each other by talking nice and asking politely.  Make it very clear to the children that Mom and Dad are madly in love and will be for as long as we live!!!
 
Even with us just being in Belize, we still took time again for just Mike and I!  I cooked supper for us here at home and it was fun to make heart shaped foods and special add ons to the dinner table!!!  I'm a theme person so I could just go and go with things to add and create!  All things hearts for Valentines!!!  The kids noticed the special treats and extras and it was fun serving my family with love!
 
After dinner, Mike and I went in to town for lattes and sip on it together.  We didn't even talk a whole lot.  He ordered his mocha latte with only one shot of syrup and I went for the special ~ chocolate covered strawberry latte!  We got them poured into real mugs and sipped on them while listening to live guitar music in the back ground.  We didn't talk a whole lot but rather just enjoyed being together on Valentine's Day!!!  It was food for the soul!!!  Thanks Babe!!!
 
 

 Hadassah dipped the strawberries for dessert.

Ashlyn wanted to bake a cake the other night and so we did it together.  That made for an easy dessert option for my Valentine's meal!  I cut cake in heart shapes and dusted them with 10X sugar.  I also grabbed some fresh raspberries and stuck a chocolate chip in each one.  These are super easy to do and yummy to eat!


Everyone got a jello on their plate!  With real whipped heavy cream!!!

Our supper table right now is so bazaar!!!  Austin has the hardest time holding still and since he hates his high chair and screams every time I attempt to put him in it, we have converted to having him sit on the bench beside Ashlyn.  There is plenty of room but now we have to keep him on his butt!  The other kids all take turns talking about their school day and most times supper ends up with Mike and Hadassah talking the most.  I'm just trying to keep Austin for getting off his seat!  I really should be the one sitting right next to him because in between all the other conversations I keep bellowing out, "Hun, help him!  Oh, no, it just fell on the floor.  Wipe his mouth.  Don't let him get off the bench!  ETC, ETC.!!!!"  Well, eating our Valentines food was no different.  Austin made a mess out of the jello.  He did eat ham!  Then he wanted cake.  Another mess.  We said "no more".  But it was so cute because he would point to one heart shaped cake and say "more?"  No.  Then he would touch the next piece.  "More?"  No.  He asked for each piece.  We all chuckled!  :)))





He's getting so big.

Mike walked through the door yesterday with this big bear in his arms.  He said it was for me.  For Valentines.  OK ..........

I tried to smile and say thank you.  But inside I thought "why is he giving me this big bear???"  Chocolate or flowers would be much better?  Right?  Anyway, after he gave it to me, we were off to an employee wedding.  When we got home, Mike asked me, "So, do you like the bear?  Be honest."  He had me.  I was trying to quick think of a nice way to say this.  Ummm.  "The bear is cute but why are you giving me a bear?  I don't like stuffed animals."  He said to be honest.  So I was.  I really don't do stuffed animals.  The kids have had their "Build a Bear" days and that's all fine and cute but I hate seeing them at garage sales or if the kids ask for them in stores, most times the answer is no.  They probably hold so many flees and germs.  Yuck.  But honestly the biggest thing was it's cute for today but then what do I do with it tomorrow?  And the next day?  And the next?  Where do I store this big thing?  I mean it is big!!!  Mike and I laughed.  I even asked him if he really did pay $40 for the bear because that's what the price tag said on it!!!!  And, yes he did!!!  He was somewhere that morning where a guy he knows buys stuffed teddy bears for his wife and daughter every Valentine's.  They have a collection.  He thought maybe he could do this too.  Just once.  Maybe I would like it???  We came to a conclusion that he could return the bear tonight yet because it might be 1/2 price tomorrow.  :)))

With all that said, I did know that Ashlyn would be head over heels with this bear when she sees it!!!  And sure enough, she was!!!  Actually, Ashlyn and Hadassah love the bear!  The kids played with this big bear most of the evening!  They giggled and laughed!  So, the bear is staying here to live with us.  For now.   




=========================================

We went for hair cuts this week!!!  We have such drama every morning when we comb Ashlyn's hair and I was just tired of it!  Ashley cut off three inches.  Austin looks so cute with a new hair cut too!!!

We stopped for some chocolates on the way home!

========================================

Basketball season is officially over now!  The season and games were fun but busy!!!  Good job Hadassah and Matthew!!!



 I bought a juicer!!!  I've wanted one for a long time and finally invested in this one.  Personally, I love juice drinks.  Every time I am somewhere where they serve fresh juices, I get one.  But I wasn't sure I really wanted to spend the money for a good one and then not use it much.  I borrowed Lena's for a few weeks and really liked it.  I gave the kids juice to try and Austin really loved it!!!  He still doesn't eat a whole lot and loves hot dogs, so to get great nutrition into him is a plus!!!

I stocked up on organic fruits and vegetables and now we are enjoying fantastic juices!!!


This girls favorite food has got to be watermelon!!!  I grabbed a small watermelon at the grocery store because Mike loves watermelon juice!  And Ashlyn loves watermelon.  Win. Win.



The week of extra love is great!!!  I love all the hearts at home and in the stores!!!

Spread the love! 

"Love ...
is patient, is kind.  Does not envy, does not boast.  It is not proud.  It does not dishonor others.  Is not self-seeking.  Is not easily angered.  It keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8