Wednesday, February 8, 2017

UnBELIZEable!!! #2

To try to say in words how much we were enjoying Belize would be "unBelizeable"!!!  We totally fell in love with this place!!!  We loved the climate ... warm.  We loved the food ... burritos and seafood.  We loved the people ... so friendly!  We loved the resort ... beyond gorgeous!  We loved being here together ... just me and my man!!!
 
Mike took his "Snowball Affect" book along and was very content reading that poolside and ocean front!!!
 



Every day was warm, sunny with a few clouds!!!  Perfect weather!!!


On Sunday, I got some information on snorkeling.  Belize is known for it's Barrier Reef and if I was going to travel so far, I wanted to make sure I got to see some main attractions.  We booked our ride but only with me being excited.  Mike was hesitant of the whole idea and but consent on going along!!!

We were given our gear, hopped on a boat and off we went to explore the ocean!

It was hot but always having an ocean breeze kept us from sweating too much.

 
I didn't have an under water camera and didn't realize that I could have bought one at the resort till after wards.  So, sadly I do not have any under water photo's but I do have memories to share!!!  The whole time I was convincing myself that I was going to do this!!!  Not to be scared or freaked out but when it actually got time to put on our goggles and flippers, I was starting to flip out!  :)()(  We jumped into the water after lots of instructions from the instructor and when I took my first look under the sea, I again freaked out!!!  It's a whole other world under there!  Fish everywhere!  I quickly swam over to Mike and hung on to him.  He didn't appreciate that one bit and told me that this was my idea and to go swim!  So .... I nicely obeyed.  We swam as a group with a guide and after a few huge breaths, I did calm down a bit and looked at the barrier reefs.  There were tons of colorful fish.  Big fish and little fish.  Coral.  Turtle.  Eel.  Sting ray.  About half way through, I looked over at Mike and gave him thumbs.  Up, level or down???  I spit my snorkeler out of my mouth and laughed and laughed when he have me a thumbs down!!!  He HATED this!!!  He was ready to leave after five minutes of spitting out salt water!  However, we swam around for over an hour!  Finally, the guide said that it was time to board the vessel!  Mike was so happy to be back in the boat!
 
But, when we were told that we were making stop #2, Mike's eyes got huge and he said, "What???"  :)))  Again, I couldn't help but laugh and laugh!!!  But, I stopped laughing when we got to our second stop.  This time, the guides threw out some fish bait and suddenly, there were tons of sharks all around the boat!  This is what they call Shark Ray Alley.  We were told to jump out of the boat and snorkel around the sharks and sting rays!!!  "NO WAY!!!"  I was totally freaked out by now and I said no!  I just couldn't get myself to plunge into the sea with all those sharks around me.  We were told that these kinds will not harm us ... but my faith was the size of a mustard seed and I didn't want to take any chances!!!!!!  Mike, on the other hand, was man enough to jump in.  He swam around for a few minutes and then got back in the boat.  We were both cold from the water and ready to head back to our relaxing resort!!!  I do have to say that I did stick my toes in the shark water though.  But nothing more.  That was enough for me!!!
 



Mike's favorite place to eat was at the Blue Water Grill.  He would have eatin here every night if I would have allowed it.  The food was so good and drinking cold Coca Cola on the island with chilled key lime pie was a must for us!!!


This was the golf cart rental at our resort.  They gave us the keys for #16 and off we went to tour the town!!!



Fresh fruit stands were in town!
 

This was a good looking house right along the beaten path.  Many more homes were off the back streets that looked much, much worse.


Driving along the main road, we passed many sites like this one.




I got a fresh Vegan Smoothie one morning. 


Neri's Taco's was where we got our breakfast taco's and breakfast burrito.  Mike loved these!!!






This is Maria again.  This time we got watermelon juice, slices of pineapples and plantain chips.






 
While driving through town, we came across a flee market and a taco factory.  It smelled like corn and we were totally intrigued by how they made all the tacos.
 



When we weren't of the golf cart touring town, this is where you found us!!!  Pool side.  Soaking in the warm sun.  Relaxing.  Enjoying each other ... just Mike and I!!!


Blue Water Grill again.


One thing we didn't do was swim at night.  But, we had a really large pool with a swim up bar, hot tub and this big water slide thing in the center of one of the pools.


Drinking our morning coffee in one of these, with my man ... dream come true!!!


Well, one way to make chicken.  Outside on the porch.  And we saw lots of iguana's.


It was time to head home before we knew it.  We took one last beach walk and tried to soak in as much sunshine as possible!!!  We were ready to see our children again but coming home to face another cancer battle was hard.  Lord, please be with us!!!













One day at a time.  One step in life at a time.  Lead me Jesus!!!





I do have to say that we gave a ride to these friendly boys and dropped them off at their church on Saturday morning.  So sweet!  And to see natives setting up their hand crafted items was so neat!


Seriously???  I felt like we were in Radiator Springs.  ;))))))

Mike in line for his breakfast tacos.




If you know Dave and Suz, then you know they like chocolate and ice cream!  Mike and I stopped in here for some delicious treats one afternoon.


Yep, true photo!!!!


We spent Super Bowl 2017 in Belize.  We ate dinner.  Stopped at the Truck Stop to watch and eat ice cream and then watched the last quarter at the resort!!!  What a great time we had!!!


 


 


Well, hello there.



I bought this head band at the flee market because the golf cart rides had my hair blowing all over my face.  Mike hated this band though and said I looked like a Harley lady.  Really???  OK then.


Our last night there, we ate at our resort.  They had a gorgeous restaurant!!!


And another yummy spread of foods!!!



Check out time.


We took one last stroll down the ocean side before getting on another boat to take us to the airport.


Dave and Suz met us at the airport with breakfast burritos from the Taco Shack!!!  And fresh orange juice and watermelon juice!!!  It was so, so yummy!!!  I really could eat these every morning!!!  Thanks guys!!!








Flying back to Belize City.


Then back to Atlanta and then getting our last flight for home!!!  All our flights went to well!!!  Thank you Jesus!!!



We loved everything about Belize!!!  Our anniversary trip, number 16, has us wondering why we didn't go something like this earlier!?!  We enjoyed each other and now we are back to 'real life'.

Again, many thanks to our babysitters for watching the kids while we were vacationing!!!