Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Fall smells and tastes!!!

 
With Autumn now officially here, the soup is on!!!  I made another fresh pot of Squash Soup!  It freezes great and makes for a delicious and healthy lunch!!!
 


And I love to see this out of the kitchen window!!!  Matthew doesn't play on a football team (and thank goodness!  The football schedules are crazy!).  But he does like to throw and play it in the back yard.  The brothers can throw together and as the years go by, the competition will grow.



I miss our normal September weather!  We've just had so much rain day after day!!!  I love the September blue skies and having it warm during the day and cool off at night.  But, today is another rainy day. 

I considered making my first stop at Whole Foods because I would love to go have a field trip day in that grocery store and look around!!!  I even had Austin strapped in his car seat and ready to leave when I backed out.  I only need a few grocery items and when I pulled out the garage, I changed my mind.  I just didn't feel like going out in the rain.  My Whole Foods day will wait.  Austin wasn't real impressed because he wanted to go.  Instead, we ate lunch together at home.

I whipped a batch of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies together!!!


 
I found the recipe on Pinterest and they turned out great!!! 

I love the smell of warm pumpkin and chocolate baking together!!!  My house smells so good!

 
 Austin was so into these!!!  He ate two cookies with a side of milk!



--------------------------------------------
 
This past weekend we spent Saturday at our Annual School Auction!  Mike started his day with running the 5K!!!  Good job Babe!!!
 
 
 The kids loved to have their faces painted!!!


Ashlyn and Shakia ran the Family Fun Race again together!!!  Ashlyn loves this!!!



 I bought our first pumpkin pie from Hex Barn the other day too!!!  I've made lots of pumpkin pies before and some turned out to be really good but since the day we ate these pies, they are the BEST!!!  I love to cook and bake and pumpkin pies were my first pies I have ever made but I good with buying these for my family now instead!  They are so delicious!!! 

Ashlyn loves them!
 


---------------------------------------

It's still wet outside and my string beans need picked.  I'm going to go see what I can harvest!  And thinking about harvest, the farmers are starting to cut down the corn all around us.  Our property is surrounded by farm land and it's feeling even more like Fall with the corn being cut down and harvested.

Have a great week!  Enjoy the pumpkin season!!!