Wednesday, September 19, 2018

September activities!



After so much rain and seeing Hurricane Florence giving drenching rains and winds to the Carolina's, I am so grateful to see the sun shining!!!  I can NOT imagine all the devastation that's going on in the south with homes now destroyed and towns flooded out and business's now trying to clean up so they can rebuild and start a new.  I'm not much of a news person and rarely watch the news but when I know a storm or hurricane is ripping through our country, I'm watching!  We went to Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina and to witness so much destruction and loss is something I hope to never, ever experience.  The sun is shining in my neighborhood today and it's easy to just live another day and forget about those who are scratching their belongings on a pile of what's now rubble and look for anything, anything to save that's still salvageable. 

I'm blessed!!!

We have been having so much rain again lately around our home that when the sun came out for a few hours the other afternoon, I grabbed my camera and savored the moment!!!

I spy someone behind the tree!


These two hauled out their suitcases and played with blankets and pillows!  It felt so good to be outside again!



--------------------------------------

I got to spend some time with these ladies last week and I love and look forward to these planned ahead days so much!!!  We all used to go to the same church and that's where we all connected so well but things change over the years and we don't see each other near as often anymore!  So, we need to plan days out together now and what fun it was!!!

Suz turned 40 and so we tried to make it a special day for her!  We ate such good food!


Then we shopped and drank coffee and laughed and talked!!!



We ended our day with more food from a Mexican restaurant before heading back home to our families!!!  Days out with these ladies always go so fast and are so fun!!!


-----------------------------------------

We got this note from Matthew the other night at PTF!!!  How kind!!!
  

We certainly will Matthew!!!  We certainly will!!!

--------------------------------------

We are going through life right now with school in full tilt.  Hadassah drives Matthew and herself to school at Houston Run.  There they are learning and growing in academics and spiritually!!!  It's also where the home volleyball games take place and this girl is just killing the ball!!!  Hadassah has always loved volleyball and is good at it!!!  However, she's improved in leaps and bounds from last year and is playing a much higher style of volleyball!  This comes from playing and learning in Blast/Club Volleyball and simply practicing and playing!!!



Way to go girl!!!!

---------------------------------------

I canned two baskets of pears last week!  I asked my dear grandmother and come help me peal each one but didn't get a picture.  I'm sad about that but I'm sure she doesn't mind a bit.


----------------------------------------

Ashlyn is beginning her first piano lessons!!!  I was hesitant about her getting in her 20 minutes of practice each day but so far she's been a pro at it!!!  She's excited to learn!  She also lost two teeth recently.  That now leaves her with her front two teeth out and one out on the bottom!

 
--------------------------------------------
 
It's pumpkin season around here and because the kids were begging to go to the pumpkin store, we went searching for some nice pumpkins!  They loved this!
 







Then we came home and each painted one.


--------------------------------------

And like I said, we are in the volleyball mode.  It's what we do.  Hadassah does practice or a game four nights a week.  I love to watch this girl play!!!
 


 

----------------------------------------

Now that the sun is shining, I am really hoping to have some of that gorgeous September weather is normally have!!!  Blue skies, brisk morning air and cooler nights!!!  I'm still mowing twice a week because the grass is growing and so green!  The weeds are also being pulled.  The garden only has an eggplant plant that seems to give me endless eggplants, plenty of peppers, herbs that are thriving and string beans!  I pulled out the tomatoes.  The garden has been so good to us this summer!

It's time to get more housework done.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!!!