Thursday, January 16, 2020

January days ... some are snowy and some are warmer.



We had the most beautiful winter sunset the other night!!!  These are straight from the camera!

These winter skies are pretty!!!





The puzzle is all completed and now I'm ready to start another!!!


So this is January right????  We've been blessed with such a nice January and the weather was unseasonably warm a few times!  Just this past Sunday we had 60 degrees!!!!  The kids played outside and I dreamed it was Spring!  Then I sat on the front porch all afternoon, barefoot and with a blanket while Mike went to the driving range and Matthew was shooting hoops in the driveway!!!  What a gorgeous January day of clear blue skies and warmer!


Meanwhile, Hadassah was at her first PA Elite Volleyball tournament for 2020!  Her and Jess are still able to play this sport together and they work hard on the same team!!!!!  Love these girls!!!!


I drove up to Latte Luv the other day on way to Matthew's basketball game and they now have their Valentine Drinks on the board!!!!  I can say no to many of the normal drinks but give me one of each of these please!!!!!  I think they have the best ever Valentine Drinks!!!!!!!

Ill be back!!!!!



Matthew's been working his butt off at basketball!!!  He has else after school practice or a game almost every day!  We love to go watch his game and be the cheerleaders!!!!

The Warriors have been playing great and I think they are 6-2 now!!!!




I bought this little honey jar at Target and it's from Heart and Hearth and we are loving it!!!!  I always wanted a honey dipping stick and it's just a lot more tasty now with using this for our teas!  Or just licking it!!!!  :))))  My dad used to take the honey jar and fill up a spoon and put it straight into his mouth.  Or he would spread it on warm toast.  As a kid I used to think it looked so good but thought it tasted so horrible!  I do like honey now but preferably in tea!!!!




Snow fell from the skies the other day and we had some pretty excited kids in the house!!!!  School was delayed two hours and it was the perfect way to get the kids out for some fresh air and enjoy the snow before heading off to school!






Austin and Adrian even got to play outside together for a bit!!!!



Austin plays.  But not really with toys.  He's got a stash of dress up clothes, gadgets, spears and a sling shot that he uses to play David and Goliath.  Or a pair of rabbit ears to play Peter Rabbit.  Now he's got my sun hat with my winter beanie wrapped over top of it and pretends to be Pattington.  He's always some kind of character.


While Mike was out of town for a night, Ashlyn and I squished in the living room chair and cut out paper snowflakes!!!  I just love to make these for some odd reason and we laughed as each shape turned out differently!!!!  Just like in real life right?



More basketball games!!!

 It's a score!!!!



Oh boy ... this was not a fun night!!!!  We had the kids tucked into bed and at 11:30 PM Ashlyn woke up running to the bathroom.  She threw up in the toilet.  That was a good thing except that the toilet in the hallway bath doesn't flush right.  The lid broke the other day and we have JM Lapp schedule to out and fix the lid and figure out why it doesn't flush right.  Now what?  We tried to flush it down but it was gross.  I helped Ashlyn to the couch and soon she threw up again.  And again.  Three times and now with diarea.  I started the tub water and she got in to take a bath but when went to turn off the water, it wouldn't stop coming!  Mike got out of bed and he tried.  He took the facaet apart and we finally tried to call Matt Lapp but ended up turning off the water.  I was not cool with that at all because what if we needed to flush the toilets after another vomit or more poops???

I laid on the couch and prayed myself to sleep as Ashlyn laid on the other couch!  I prayed that she wouldn't throw up again and that we would all sleep well until morning!!!



And we did!!!!  No more throwing up!!!!  Ashlyn seemed much betther by the next day and I'm very thankful that no one else caught this bug!!!

I love Saturday afternoons!!!!!  We started this when Austin was a baby and even though it doesn't happen every Saturday, I love it!!!!  Mike stays home with the little ones while I go out alone!  Some just me time!!!  I grabbed a late lunch at Panera, swung by Goodwill and Fashion Cents and then back home!!!  The time goes by quickly and sometimes it's just for an hour or two but did I mention that I love this???!!!!!


Last week the Yukon was in the garage getting an inspection.  On Wednesday, I was home purging and cleaning out closets!  Thursday I cleaned the house thoughly and went through the toys!  By Friday the Yukon was still not back and I was ready to get out of the house!  I called up my mom and asked if she's coming my way!?!  Her and Ruth were out and about so Austin and I hopped along!  It was fun and the day was another warmer, January day!  Short sleeves, shorts and spikes was perfect on this day!


This was me on Sunday afternoon!!!!!


Ashlyn was on the skateboard.


Austin was riding his bike and playing Pattington but this time he was the explorer!



And here's another one of these two at the volleyball tournament!



I've been grocery shopping at Shady Maple the past few weeks because they have a wonderful produce section and I love fennel!!!!  I buy about six of these vegetables a week!!!  We love them raw with carrots and celery sticks!!!!  It's a great healthy was to eat veggies!  Felicia was at our house and so she got to ride along!!!!

These two have a blast together!!!!!!



On Sunday night, Lena invited us out to their house for wings and to watch the Chiefs football game!!!!  It's then that she gave this shirt to Ashlyn!!!!!


We couldn't be more excited for them!!!!  Baby number 4 will arrive in August!!!  Ashlyn cannot wait to be another cousin!!!!!