Tuesday, March 7, 2023

MARCH ...

 


We turned the calendar page once again and now it's March!  I usually so excited about this month because the word Spring is now on the current calendar page but this year I am hesitant.  We've had such a mild winter that I'm holding my breath to see if the "winter" is going to find us in March!  I'm ready to march into Spring and have winter behind us!!!!

I must say that our winter has been flying right by and I'm happy about that!  With the daylight being more and more, it just feels like it's soon time to send the kids outside to play and start working in the dirt in the garden!

Here are some reasons why we are staying busy!  

The academic fair was at the upper school and so Matthew had some sport things displayed and talked a little about his internship at Andrews Auto.  Ashlyn did a project on the country of Brazil.  This is one of those projects that I don't stress about and let the kids do their own thing.  She's in sixth grade now and she can make this be a pretty project or a very simple project.  Her choice, not mine.  I did remember on our way home from the Giant Center last week that she still needed to make some kind of food project for the next day.  Ugh.  We whipped some Brazilian chocolates together and called it good enough!


I remember a January where I didn't have a lot going on and the living room was a place for me to rest and read.  This winter, I've been on the move a lot but when I see the sun shining through the windows like this, I stop and rest!  I don't mind the winter months near as much when there is plenty of sunshine shining!



March is when we start on outside projects and work hard!  Mike took each raised bed out of my garden and leveled them!  Of course, I thought it would be a simple project to level things off but he did it right and it took him all day to complete the project.  It was chilly and windy but he kept too it.  This was hard work and boy did his back suffer for it!  He was so sore that night and his back muscles are still recovering!  Thank you so much Babe!!!!  



Next we want to add two more railroad ties high to each bed and fill it with more dirt!  Deeper beds will be better I think!  I have a dream for this space and we are taking it one summer at a time to complete.  I would love to add a fence and some kind of "entrance" to the garden.  Maybe a pergola or arbor???  For now, it's time to get these beds ready for some seeds and tender plants soon!!!!



I love tulips but don't like the greens after they are done blooming.  So this year, I filled up some baskets and I hope it will look nice when they bloom in red and yellows!!!!



The winter sky is promising that Spring will come!  I'm ready to have some warmer tempts in the garden watch things grow!!!!



I'm still going for my morning walks in the park!  Linda and I started this after the school kids were back in the classrooms!  It's been so good to meet up, walk five laps around the park and be off for the rest of our day.  We try to be intentional and make it work!  Look what we spied!!!!  A tree starting to bloom!!!!  It's also so good to see the ducks return to the park pond!!!!  Spring is coming!!!!


I took my mom to therapy yesterday and Ashlyn went along because she had a bad cold and stayed home from school.  After I dropped mom off at the therapy place, Ashlyn and I went for groceries and swung by the local greenhouse just to smell and take a look!  It's full of blooms and looking so nice!


Mom is doing really well!  She is doing therapy and working hard.  It's gonna take a little while to build up her leg muscle.  But she's healing and doing so well!
  


Here is Ginger being lazy enjoying the shadows!  That sunshine is wonderful!



March is still full of basketball games!  The Warriors Girls and Boys are moving on to State games!!!!  It's so exciting!  Austin is starting to get excited about baseball season beginning too!!!!  Before we know it, we will be mowing the lawn and playing much more outside!!!!

March is the time for the earth to warm up just a bit.  The grass starts to turn green.  Seeds get planted while the tulips and daffodils pop up through the dirt and tell me Spring is here!  

Spring is coming!!!!!