Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Preteen weekend!

 I did this with Hadassah years ago and even though it just seems like yesterday, it was time to do this now with Ashlyn!  Talking about the birds and bees, peer pressure, growing into a young lady, dating ... some of it seems far off for her but it will come before we know it.  I love the way this Passport2Purity explains and represents Jesus thought the struggles and life as a preteen, teenager or young adult!  I highly recommend doing this with your young sons and daughters!



I made reservations at a hotel in Hershey.  I explained to Ashlyn that this was going to be a trip for just her and I and we were going to learn and have some fun together!  And we did!!!!

As we drove to Hershey, we listened to the first season!  Session two was listened to after we settled into our room.  Then we went to Panera Bread for supper!  TJ Max was nearby, so we went shopping too!  Ashlyn's been messing with her split ends all last week and we talked about it being time for another hair trim and so when I spied Hair Cuttery right next to TJ Max, we walked in for a trim!  It looks a lot better now!


We went back to the hotel for session three and called it a day!  There was a lot of information shared.  Ashlyn had her own workbook to fill out!  We did projects after each session and one included play dough.  She was to make a few people and then mix the colors all together at the end.  The lesson was to be careful with who you make friends with!  We bright colors and not a mixed color of brown or dirty at the end of your peer years!



We spent the night in Hershey.  Ate breakfast at the motel and listened to session four!

After checking out, we listened to our last session five on the way home.  We pulled into PF Chang's parking lot as we were finishing up the session and then ate lunch!  I had a surprise for her!!!!



We were seated and I snuck this gift inside my jacket and told her to close her eyes.  She was excited!  When she opened up the gift, she was thrilled!

She had to text Mike a photo of her eating sushi to make him jealous! 😂




As she opened her gift, I told her that it was a real Chasity ring!!!!  I explained what it meant and how special she was to us!  

This was such a good weekend for the two of us!  I love you Ashlyn and pray that you will keep Jesus number one in your and that the Holy Spirit will guide you and help you make good choices in your teenage and adult life!!!!

Thank you for being my friend and having a good time together!

Love you,
Mom