Monday, March 27, 2023

Spring planting!

The garden fun has begun!  Mike's been working hard the past few weekends to level our raised beds and add another layer and then fill them with more dirt!  The deeper beds are going to be better!  I'm hoping the better soil will also improve the plants!!!!

I stopped at Royers Seeds a few weeks ago and grabbed a bunch of seed packs!



I then went to Hess Greenhouse for some early plants to get the garden fun started!!!!

Broccoli doesn't love me but Austin loves it!!!!






I love al the lettuce plants and with a hand written receipt ... I just love it!



I planted a few rows of radishes, beets, carrots and onions.  Then I moved to the lettuce bed and planted some plants and lettuce seeds!  The broccoli and cauliflower went in another bed.  

I covered up the plants to help them grow fast and stay warm!  I can't wait for this to grow!



Today, Ashlyn and I stopped at a greenhouse to grab some Legacy Peas and celery plants.  That's gonna get planted soon too!

There's lots of outside work to do in the Spring around here but I'm excited!  We've got roses to trim, edging to do around the house, a few weeds to pull and start mowing the lawn!  The grass is turning green!  Before we know it, we will order some mulch and be ready to plant flowers!

I love spring time!  I love my little garden!  It's my hobby and I just love to watch the little plants grow!