Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to a routine!

We are finally back to a normal schedule and I like that! 

The kids are back to school.  After an 11 day school break (which was fun too), there comes a time to get back to studying and get their minds back into their books!  Wow, it makes me so grateful for the wonderful, Godly teachers and school we have!

This was the message the kids left behind this morning for me on the door as they were
heading out for the bus.  (Nothing my new Norwex rag can't clean up later!!! Yes!)

Christmas of 2011 is over.  Sad but glad.  All the parties and gatherings are over but the spirit is still very alive in our home!  I still have all our greens, the tree, the nativity scene is still up and the lights are still plugged in.  I just love it all, but I think today I will pack some things back into storage.  I am tired of all the green needles falling and making a mess every time they get bumped.  I usually think my house looks so blough in January.  The nice Christmas decor is down and everything outside is brown and dead looking.  I am thankful for my poinsettias that are still doing well!  They bring some color to the surface!!!  Maybe the kids and I will make a bunch of snowflakes and hang them around???

I went out yesterday and got Ashlyn's 9 month pictures taken.  She did so good!  The mall still had some holiday decor but their shelves are stocking up with Valentine colors!  Amazing that as soon as one holiday is over, the next is ready to begin!  Bring it on!

Ashlyn is 9 1/2 months old today!  Here are some of her favorites!

A few weeks back, she did not like books.  She always got mad when I turned the pages. 
Now, she loves them.  She turns the pages back and forth, back and forth. 
She is even playing "copy cat" with some of the sounds we make!  (Hoping to get this on video!)

Eyes ... I always get compliments on Ashlyn's beautiful eyes! 
Gorgeous blue, long, thick lashes and darling figure!


Have a great mid-week.  Gotta go get to those needles left on the floor from the Christmas greens!

Be blessed.