Monday, January 23, 2012

More snow and more great fun!

By 4:00 PM, on Friday, I had the kids dropped off at the sitters, ALL my scrap booking things loaded, my personal bags packed and I was off for a night of scrap booking and laughter!  This was my first over night crop and what a blast!  There was 18 dedicated croppers smushed in a small basement at a guest house.  Yep, you can just imagine all the chatter from all the ladies and sometimes if you just paused and listened ... it was chat, chat, chat!  (Only something a groups of ladies can accomplish without even trying it!!!)  Anyway, I cropped till 2:30 AM and then bundled up and went to bed.  It was snowing a lot outside and the bedroom I slept in, the heat didn't work.  (I didn't know this or I would have chose another room!!!  Sleeping with your thick winter jacket on, and only a small blanket, and very cold, after I did finally fall asleep, I woke up stiff.  I fell asleep cold and woke up cold.  I went downstairs and it was nice and cozy there, so I snuggled on a recliner and slept for another 1 1/2!)  I cropped till 11AM and returned back to my "well taken care of family!"  (Thanks Lena and Hubby for caring for them!)  Thank you so much to the ladies who planned this fun night and for all the yummy eatin'!

Saturday afternoon, the kids played in the snow.  Ginger was running in it too and loved it!  Ashlyn was watching from the window and it was great entertainment for her!

(On the way home from cropping, I just had to stop along the road and take a picture of this scene!)
 I still have a few Christmas greens setting around, including this on the back porch. 
It looks so nice with that fresh snow on top!

At church, the song was mentioned "Whiter than snow". 
I asked my family on the way home, "How could our sins be 'whiter' than snow?  Snow is very white.  WHITE.  What could be whiter than white snow? 
Hadassah commented, "That would mean pure.  Pure, clean hearts!"
~ This is her and Ginger sitting out in the white, white snow. ~

 Enjoying the first snow for January, 2012!


 Ashlyn watching from inside!

Sunday morning was church.  Matthew was so proud when we pulled onto the clean church pavement, because he helped Uncle Matt and Mike scrap off the snow!  The message was on "Cheap Grace" and "Brokenness".  Sometimes we seem to be OK with messing up in life and think "Oh, God will forgive me."  Yes, He will but ... sin is sin and we don't ever want to take sin lightly.  Another thought from yesterdays message is, "Have we become like the prodigal sons brother?"  Has the returning of the lost become 'boring' to us?  Are spiritual things 'boring'?  Do we rejoice when the unsaved met Jesus?  GOD IS NOT BORING!

I had to ask myself, "Am I excited about "God moves"?  When prayer is answered, do I get excited and make it yet another reminder that the God we served  is ALIVE!

Words I heard yesterday at church are challenging me this morning ...

Mike went for a run and then we all went down to Dave and Suz for supper and Acquire!  We bought a ticket at our church missions auction for this event and the men could not wait to play Acquire again!  The guys played lots of games while us ladies tended to the kids, chatted about life, and made supper.  (The food was great Suz and Marie!!!  Thanks!)  The kids had a real blast too!  Justin had the four wheeler out and was pulling the kids on snow sleds.  Hadassah and Matthew loved it!  The night got late, and so this morning I left the school kids sleep a little longer and then I took them to school at 8:30!

What a blessing to have friends to hang out with!!! 

"Thank you, Lord, for another weekend of safety and fun!"